BBNYC Day 8: Your Favorite Book Blogger Moment | Alexia's Books and Such: BBNYC Day 8: Your Favorite Book Blogger Moment

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BBNYC Day 8: Your Favorite Book Blogger Moment

Parajunkee is hosting a Book Blogger New Year's Challenge to start 2014 off on a good note! I may not be able to participate every day, but will do my best to visit everyone else!

 photo newyearschallenge.png

Day 8: Your Favorite Book Blogger Moment

This was a tough one, as I have several moments that stand out for me:  the first comment I received, my first follower, the first time I received a review request...so many good memories! But I think that my favorite-favorite moment was the first time I attended BEA (Book Expo America). 

From the moment I applied and wasn't rejected (checked my emails for two weeks!), to actually getting my badge (expected them to say it was a mistake and I couldn't come in), to walking in the door on the first day; it was book heaven! I was giddy, and actually felt like a kid in a candy store! Totally star-struck upon meeting real, live authors! Knowing that I was surrounded by people who loved books as much as I did! Being amazed that yes, people were actually handing me books and the only thing they were asking was that I read and review it. Wowza! Feeling like Dorothy in the Land of Oz is a memory that I'll treasure forever. :)

23 comments:

  1. That is so amazing. I'd love to go to BEA, but I have to wait a few years until my kid is old enough for an overnight babysitter and my husband won't freak out for me being gone so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky that I lived in NJ, so it was just a day trip. Hope you're able to make it one day!

      Delete
  2. Aw Terri your first BEA was fun to watch you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so scared, but so excited too! :)

      Delete
  3. Something I dream of attending, how I wish we had something of this scale here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that the London Book Fair is pretty cool, so maybe that would be an option for you one day? And once we all hit the lottery, BEA tickets will definitely be in our future! *L*

      Delete
  4. BEA sounds awesome and I really hope to go one day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're able to go one day, as it's an amazing experience!

      Delete
  5. BEA is definetly a great moment in a bloggers time. I was lucky enough to go three times and i always fear picking up my badge and them saying sorry there is a mistake LOL When did you go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was convinced that they would tell me at the check-in window that there was a mistake, so always breathed a huge sigh of relief once that badge was in my hands! I was able to go 3 times too, 2010-2012. Hope to be able to go again someday!

      Delete
  6. I want to attend a BEA :) I did an ALA and completely loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to ALA, but it sounds like a blast!

      Delete
  7. BEA is definitely an amazing book blogger moment. I've only been once, which is great, but I'd love to go again and actually be able to stay longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to attend again, for the entire time next time! Have to warn you though, it was exhausting! Totally worth it, but exhausting. :)

      Delete
  8. BEA sounds amazing! I wish we had an equivalent here in the UK! *sigh* Your experience there sounds like every book blogger's dream!

    - Farhana @ Digesting The Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally amazing, and I really hope I can go again one day!

      Delete
  9. I haven't made it to BEA yet but I am sure it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to go one day, as it's a booklovers dream!

      Delete
  10. Attending BEA is one of my favorite blogger moments too. There is something so special about being surrounded by all that bookish goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Even thought I'm usually too shy to talk to anyone, knowing that I was surrounded by people just like me made it easier to talk to strangers!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Hope you're able to make it one day, as I'm sure you'd love it!

      Delete
  12. Wow sounds like a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u