Friday, January 3, 2014

BBNYC Day 3: Books of 2013 You Are Sad You Missed

Parajunkee is hosting a Book Blogger New Year's Challenge to start 2014 off on a good note! I may not be able to participate every day, but will do my best to visit everyone else!

 photo newyearschallenge.png

Day 3: Books of 2013 You Are Sad You Missed

Probably should have skipped this, as I can't think of any titles that I'm sad I missed. If I really wanted a book, I bought it. I either convince myself I don't need it, or download a copy onto my nook and read it immediately! Need to work on that self control....

Because of the several reading and reviewing ruts I fell into over the year, I deliberately stayed away from Waiting on Wednesday posts so I wouldn't be tempted. That, plus the towering TBR piles that threaten to fall over on me one day, kept me out of temptation's path!

Of course, now I'm going to go visit everyone's posts and no doubt find awesome titles to add to my ginormous wishlist! I love book blogging. :)

14 comments:

  1. Haha, I didn't do Waiting on Wednesday for the last portion of the year, so that accounts for my significantly decreased TBR list for 2014 books. I love looking at new books though, so I'm still planning on jumping on that feature. ;) It's awesome that you were able to get all the books that you wanted to, though! I missed a lot of good books in 2013, but I'm planning to get to all of them in 2104. =)

    Lovely post! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so much that I went on a spending spree as that I kept my head in the sand! It's easy not to buy books when you don't know about them! *L*

      Delete
  2. Haha I gave up on WoW posts because I was getting too obsessed over them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always too tempted by WOW posts and my wishlist seems to explode after I'm done hopping around all the posts! *L*

      Delete
  3. I don't do a lot of WOW posts, but I'm always finding books due to reviews that I really want to read. I'm bad with series, especially, so there are so many books I want to read that I just didn't have the time to get too.

    Lauren from www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Series are tough, especially if the book that catches your eye isn't the first one in the series. I don't like starting in the middle of a series, but also don't want to have to go read all other books first!

      Delete
  4. Hi, nice I should probably look at less Waiting on Wednesdays too because when I go on a spending spree sometimes I never get around to reading the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that I'll ever be able to finish my TBR pile, as I have a bad habit of constantly buying new books. Not that it's not a good habit, I just need more time to read what I have. :s

      Delete
  5. I've got a few Barnes and Noble and Amazon gift cards burning a hold in my pocket right now. Today's lists are making me itchy to buy, buy, buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've added several titles to my wishlist already!

      Delete
  6. Books I'm sad I missed? Where to begin? Actually that is one of the cons of blogging. Reading all these reviews and book tours does nothing to shorten the list of books I dream of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed away from blogs for awhile to try and resist temptation, but now that I'm back my poor list has practically tripled! *L*

      Delete
  7. Lucky you! You don't have any books you're sad to have missed! Sure, a lot have been added on to your TBR list, but that's after this post. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel like I'm horribly behind, but am slowly catching up!

      Delete