Parajunkee is hosting a Book Blogger New Year's Challenge to start 2014 off on a good note! I may not be able to participate every day, but will do my best to visit everyone else!
Day 2: Your Pros & Cons of Blogging List
- Meeting other readers who are as passionate about books as I am! I've found several new friends through blogging!
- Discovering new titles and authors
- Having the opportunity to attend events like BEA
- Meeting some of my favorite authors, live & in person! squee!
- Commenting. I love receiving comments as well as leaving them, and love the sense of community that commenting encourages!
- Pressure to post more than I can currently manage (self-imposed, but still...)
- Blogging drama llamas (ugh!)
- Blogger envy. It's hard sometimes not to get a little bit jealous when another blogger has more followers/more ARCs/a better blog design/etc. I find myself both happy for them, but sad for me. Then I pull up my big girl panties and get over it.
- Burn out. I keep falling into blogging/reading ruts and losing my mojo.
- Commenting. It can take up a lot of time, especially when you follow as many blogs as I do. Then there's the pressure to say something unique and interesting. Sometimes I've got nothing beyond "I enjoyed your review" or "great post!", which is pretty lame.
Commenting is a double-edged sword for me, so made both lists. I love it, but it can take up an awful lot of time! Still working on finding a happy medium. Would appreciate any helpful tips!
Curious to see what everyone else considers a pro or con for blogging!