BBNYC Day 10: New Things You Will Be Doing This Year | Alexia's Books and Such...: BBNYC Day 10: New Things You Will Be Doing This Year

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, January 10, 2014

BBNYC Day 10: New Things You Will Be Doing This Year

Parajunkee is hosting a Book Blogger New Year's Challenge to start 2014 off on a good note! I may not be able to participate every day, but will do my best to visit everyone else!

 photo newyearschallenge.png

Day 10: New Things You Will Be Doing This Year

I only have a couple of new things that I'll be trying out on my blog this year:

Inspired by Jaime over at Jaime Loves Stuff, I've decided to start emailing replies to any comments I receive. It only works if your email address is attached to your blogger account, otherwise it's listed as a No-Reply email. Since few people have the time to stop back to see if there's a response to their comments (me included!), sending an email only takes me a few extra minutes. Granted, I just copy & paste the reply I post on my blog, but at least this way they know that I've responded. Is this too pushy, or good idea? I've gotten a few responses that seem to like it, so hopefully no one gets mad and thinks I'm spamming their mailbox!

I've also committed to visiting every blog who leaves me a comment, so that I can return the comment love. I've had a few people I can't find, but most seem to have blogger accounts or are nice enough to leave me their links.

On a personal note, we recently bought a Nutribullet to help us eat more fruits and veggies. It's only day four, but so far so good! I think we've already eaten more spinach in the past 3 days than we've eaten in 3 years, so counting that as a win! *L*

20 comments:

  1. What a neat thing to do with emailing back. I need to look into that.

    Working on my post now. Good luck with the fruits and veggies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! So far, so good with the smoothies! Experimenting with different combos and loving it!

      Delete
  2. Also liking the idea of emailing back, it doesn't sound at all pushy to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I've only received positive feedback so far, so think I will keep doing it until someone asks me to stop. At least this way, people will know I've read their comment. :)

      Delete
  3. That really is an interesting idea emailing your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only works if people have linked their email address to their blogger account, which I didn't realize until my friend Ryan let me know. I set things up to get emails now when someone leaves a comment, so I can just reply there. Easy peasy!

      Delete
  4. Emailing back is def new to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping that people don't mind! So far, no one has complained so guess that's a good sign! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like your heart is in the right place, but no email is necessary. I'd love to see you around the blog again though.

    Good luck with the bullet. I'm dieting and so get what the die in diet means--today anyway. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do well with diets, so I like that I can get my veggies and fruits through a smoothie. Once we get more comfortable with it, then I might consider replacing some meals. Good luck with your diet! And hope it doesn't kill you - today or any day! *L*

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of the email comment thing, but it sounds like a good idea. I like when people use Disque or whatever its called, because I get an email when someone replies to my comment. Maybe you could switch to that and:save yourself some work. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about Disque or CommentLuv, but haven't found an easy way to add it to blogger. At least, back when I looked, there wasn't an easy way so maybe it's time to check again. I changed settings and now get an email whenever I receive a comment, so I can just reply from there. Just a copy & paste, so not too, too much trouble. :)

      Delete
  7. I email people back sometimes, if they ask a question or whatever. otherwise, I always comment back on someone's blog if they left me a comment. I find most people have some type of blog to visit, which is nice!!

    I have a Nutribullet now too, but I haven't used it yet. I want to find some recipes, so if you have any recommendations, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started off using the recipes in the Nutribullet book, and found some more on Pinterest. There's also a Facebook group where people post their favorite recipes, but we started improvising after the 3rd day and throwing in fruits that we like to see what happens. Our favorite so far is spinach, banana, apple, blueberries, and strawberries. Doesn't look very appetizing, but tastes great! Good luck!

      Delete
  8. I like the idea of e-mailing people back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, but I totally stole the idea from Jaime! *L*

      Delete
  9. Yay for the Nutribullet - I've been making more smoothies this year too and loving it!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best? Neither one of us like green veggies, so this is a great way to "sneak" them into our diet!

      Delete
  10. I wish I had time to reply & return comments as extensively as you do. It's a great thing to do :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as hard as I expected! I just hope I don't fall too far behind, as I'm terrible at time management!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u