2014 - The Year of Mistakes! | Alexia's Books and Such...: 2014 - The Year of Mistakes!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - The Year of Mistakes!

Neil Gaiman posted a lovely New Year's Wish on his blog.
I totally adore this man, and this is just another example why!
I want to make 2014 The Year of Mistakes, as I want to push myself out of my comfort zones and try so many new, different things...

Neil Gaiman
I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.

~Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman
yes please!

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I hope you have a great year making "mistakes"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to push myself out of my comfort zones this year, so really needed this as inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Neil Gaiman is amazing! I love the little Hey Girl meme too. Mistakes can be wonderful, and I hope you have a lot of great mistakes in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I can always claim that "Neil made me do it!" *L*

      Delete
  3. I make mistakes all the time... I must be on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go! Who knew that making mistakes was something to strive for?

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u