October Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such: October Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, November 4, 2013

October Wrap Up

library-6

Trying to get back in the groove, so hoping a monthly wrap up will help!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I'll need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read 11 books this month. Sure, two of them were short stories and two were anthologies, but they totally count!

  1. Thankless in Death by JD Robb
  2. Pawn by Aimee Carter
  3. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
  4. Mirror, Mirror anthology
  5. Raven by Lauren Oliver
  6. Grimoire of the Lamb by Kevin Hearne
  7. Same Kind of Different Like Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore
  8. Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
  9. TailSpins by Michael Mullin
  10. The Spider by Jennifer Estep
  11. How To Be Alone by Tamya Davis

Blog Updates

Having noticed that some of the pictures on my older reviews have disappeared, probably because of my PC crashing awhile ago, I've started using Photobucket. It's a stable platform for photos, so hoping the book covers won't disappear anymore. It takes a little longer to upload them to photobucket and then link the picture to my post, but I think it's worth it. Now if I was really ambitious, I'd go back and fix the missing covers. Too bad I'm not overly ambitious... *L*

Read an interesting post over at On Starships and Dragonwings about NetGalley and their new feedback ratio. I've now updated my bio to include more stats (like Twitter followers and number of Amazon reviews). I also plan on sending them my reviews earlier, even if I don't schedule them until closer to the publication date. My goal is to get my approval rating up to 80% (was at 69% and am currently at 72.2%).

Commenting

Getting used to Bloglovin' and think I'm doing better with reading and commenting on blogs. Also trying to do better with visiting bloggers who leave comments on my posts. Want to give a special shout-out to Petty Witter (aka Tracy), who has been a valued blogger friend who stuck with me during my many slumps! Appreciate that more than you can know, PW!

Fun with keyword searches

Sad to discover that Google Analytics no longer provides the results of keyword searches. Something about privacy, but all I know is that once again, Google has rained on my parade. First they get rid of my Reader, then my fun keyword searches. Boo Google! :(

Overall

I am cautiously optimistic that my reading/blogging slump is almost over. Reading is becoming fun again, I'm starting to visit my blogging friends again, and I'm slowly getting back into reviewing. Hope I don't hit another slump, as they're totally depressing!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, its been an honour and a privilege to visit.

    As for the missing graphics - I can relate to that having had our laptop and desktop crash at the same time. Like you I really feel I should go back and replace them but feel time is better spent with you and my other blogger buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that your slump seems to be over!! Yeah!! I hate when that happens!

    I noticed that I can still see my keyword searches under my stats in blogger. Were you looking someplace else?

    I avoid the missing graphics by only using images already downloaded to my hard drive. It takes up more space, but I no longer have to worry about images disappearing.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u