My Book Haul (34) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (34)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Book Haul (34)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

I read and enjoyed the first two books in this series, so was happy to take part in a blog tour for the next two books! My tour stop is in January, but don't think I'll be able to wait until then as I want to find out what happened next for Jenny!

 photo DarkPrelude.jpg
Dark Prelude by EJ Wesley

Jenny Moonsong recently inherited the title of "monster hunter" and an ancient tribal journal/how-to manual passed down by her Apache ancestors. Unfortunately, a lot of on-the-job training is required to be a monster hunter, and unlike her computer repair business, this gig could literally kill her.

***

 photo DragonsGame.jpg
Dragon's Game by EJ Wesley

Jenny Moonsong recently inherited the title of "monster hunter" and an ancient tribal journal/how-to manual passed down by her Apache ancestors. She has already faced a werewolf, witches, and a troll. But nothing could prepare her for her latest confrontation...

Purchased:

This is the latest pick for my book club, and we're going to an author signing next month. While I haven't read any of Celia's other books, I do read her newspaper column and she's pretty funny!

 photo rudebitches.jpg
Rude Bitches Make Me Tired by Celia Rivenbark

In this always sensible and mildly profane etiquette manual for the modern age Celia Rivenbark addresses real-life quandaries ranging from how to deal with braggy playground moms to wondering if you can have sex in your aunt's bed on vacation to correctly grieving the dearly departed (hint: it doesn't include tattoos or truck decals). (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?



2 comments:

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u