Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Book Haul (33)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the book.

For Review:

I've read Laura Lippman books before, so couldn't resist requesting this one. Sounds intriguing, so don't think I can wait until February to read it!

 photo afterImgone.jpg
After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman

When Felix Brewer meets nineteen-year-old Bernadette "Bambi" Gottschalk at a Valentine's Dance in 1959, he charms her with wild promises, some of which he actually keeps. Thanks to his lucrative - if not all legal - businesses, she and their three little girls live in luxury. But on the Fourth of July, 1976, Bambi's comfortable world implodes when Felix, newly convicted and facing prison, mysteriously vanishes. (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?


10 comments:

  1. Dun dun dun....sounds mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Is It Just Me? by Miranda Hart - had a tough week and needed some light comedy for the weekend which she truly delivers.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't read Miranda, but I like light comedy. Thanks for the recommendation, and hope next week is better for you!

      Delete
  3. Intrigued by this, I'm hoping our library will be able to get hold of a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to compare notes with you!

      Delete
  4. Never heard of this but it sounds really good! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it's a good one, as I love a good thriller every now and again. :)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm. I don't think this one is quite my cup of tea. The only Bambi I want to read about is in a Disney book. I do hope you enjoy it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bo! You and your Disney obsessions.... ;)

      Delete