My Book Haul (32) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (32)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Book Haul (32)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

As an introvert, I was curious to read this poem on how to be alone. Poems are tricky things, but I liked the idea of an internet video being turned into an illustrated book.

 photo HTbealone.jpg
How To Be Alone by Tanya Davis

A charming and deeply poignant illustrated poem based on the popular viral Internet video that has captured the hearts of millions worldwide. (Goodreads)

Purchased:

This is one of those series that are an auto-read for me. I absolutely love Atticus, Granuaile, and Oberon! Can't wait to see what happens next!

 photo hunted.jpg
Hunted by Kevin Hearne

For a two-thousand-year-old Druid, Atticus O’Sullivan is a pretty fast runner. Good thing, because he’s being chased by not one but two goddesses of the hunt - Artemis and Diana - for messing with one of their own. Dodging their slings and arrows, Atticus, Granuaile, and his wolfhound Oberon are making a mad dash across modern-day Europe to seek help from a friend of the Tuatha Dé Danann. His usual magical option of shifting planes is blocked, so instead of playing hide-and-seek, the game plan is . . . run like hell. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?


3 comments:

  1. Intrigued by the sound of How To Be Alone and what a great cover. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to get started on the Iron Druid series. I don't generally read mass market any more though because of the print size. That being said, I still need to give the series a try.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u