Monster Review-a-Thon Wrap-up | Alexia's Books and Such: Monster Review-a-Thon Wrap-up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Monster Review-a-Thon Wrap-up

Monster reviewathon

Now that the Monster Review-a-thon is over, let's see how I did. 

Out of 14 books that needed reviewing, I only managed to write 1 review from the below list and 1 review from a title that wasn't even listed. Another review-a-thon fail.

To Be Reviewed:

  • How to be Alone
  • Hunted
  • She's the Boss
  • TaleSpins
  • Spider
  • The Curiosity
  • Through the Zombie Glass
  • Same Kind of Different As Me
  • Pawn
  • Machine of Death
  • Taken
  • Indelible
  • Once We Were
  • Carniepunk

Goals

  1. Set up posts for reviews, with book cover and synopsis so all I have to do is write my thoughts - done! 
  2. Complete at least one challenge for the review-a-thon - no challenges this time
  3. Write and schedule at least 4 reviews - major fail! :(
  4. Visit and cheer on other participants - visited a few, but will try to check in with everyone's wrap up posts to see how they all did.

So even though I didn't manage to write reviews for every book, I didn't really expect to. I have a horrible track record with review-a-thons, but am happy that I did manage to prepare posts for all of my to-be-reviewed titles! And now I have a list to work from that I'm determined to finish before the end of the month!



4 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you have the prep work done! One review I finished was from a book I finished almost a month ago and took me forever because I had to keep flipping back through the book to remember parts of it. I will be so excited about finishing a book, but then I just can't get motivated to write the review. Good luck with the rest of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time getting motivated to write reviews too, as I want to start reading the next book instead! Need to work on my discipline I guess. *L*

      Delete
  2. You already have a lot of the tedious work done now with those templates being done! Great job! That alone is a task in and of itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tif! Now I just have to write them all!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u