Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Book Haul (31)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

NetGalley:

This was featured in an email from NetGalley. It's no longer enough that I don't log into their website so I won't be tempted, but now I need to block their emails as well? I admit it...I'm weak.

 photo whatnoraknew.jpg
What Nora Knew by Linda Yellin

Self-professed cynic Molly Hallberg navigates the tricky waters of New York romance with help from the advice found in Nora Ephron’s romantic comedies. (Goodreads)

***

Another email tempting me to download from NetGalley. Is there such a thing as book-crack, because I'm pretty sure that NetGalley is my dealer! *L*

 photo spider.jpg
The Spider by Jennifer Estep

For the first time, the full origin story of Gin Blanco's transformation into the fearsome assassin known as the Spider - book ten in the red-hot Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series.

Purchased:

Really enjoyed the first book in the series, so couldn't resist downloading book #2 of The White Rabbit Chronicles! Love Gena's take on zombies!

Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Zombies stalk the night. Forget blood and brains. These monsters hunger for human souls. Sadly, they've got mine... (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?



18 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I think the title of Through the Zombie Glass is clever or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Through The Zombie Glass looks awesome. Enjoy your new reads.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Getting back in the reading groove and having fun again!

      Delete
  3. NetGalley is awfully tempting. I try to resist too but, like you, have limited success. Come and see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice hauls Kathy! I like to read series in order too, but sometimes I come to the party too late so just jump into the middle and sink or swim. *L*

      Delete
  4. Alexia;
    I always enjoy your blogs, they're so full of info.
    I'm going through a new medicine for my cancer and so far it seems to be helping but it's a long road.
    Please stop by at my blog and say hi even spread the word to your other followers. Hearing from friends is like an excellent medicine.
    Mike
    http://mikedraperinguilford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike, that's very kind of you! Glad to hear the new meds seem to be working!

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I really want to read the Alice in Zombieland series. I'm a new GFC follower.
    Check out my STS
    And while you're at my blog, make sure to enter my Fierce Reads Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Lisa! Really enjoying the Alice in Zombieland series! And like you, I'm a big fan of ARCs too! :)

      Delete
  6. Through The Zombie Glass looks great! I also really liked the first one. I hope you enjoy all of your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed both of the Zombieland books! Thanks for stopping by Montana! Enjoy all of your birthday books!

      Delete
  7. I need to pick up Through the Zombie Glass, I enjoyed Alice in Zombie Land, even if it wasn't my favourite. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoyed the first book, think you'll definitely enjoy Through the Zombie Glass! And btw, I absolutely LOVE your blog header! Gorgeous!

      Delete
  8. Great selection. I'm with Ryan in that I'm still trying to decide about the title Through The Zombie Glass. It's a great cover though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the title, especially during this time of year! :)

      Delete
  9. I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about Alice In Zombieland but I've read some good reviews for Through The Zombie Glass! I hope you enjoy your new reads =D

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I need to work on my review, as I really enjoyed Zombie Glass!

      Delete