Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Book Haul (28)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

This was a surprise in my mailbox, as I don't have any record of requesting it. Sounds intriguing, but strange. Sometimes strange works, but sometimes it's a trainwreck. Will be curious to see how this one plays out.

 photo manmadeboy.jpg
Man Made Boy by Jon Skovron

Sixteen-year-old Boy’s never left home. When you’re the son of Frankenstein’s monster and the Bride, it’s tough to go out in public.... (Goodreads)

NetGalley:

Loved Aimee's previous books, so couldn't resist requesting this one on NetGalley! I've already started it and it promises to be another awesome read!

Pawn
Pawn by Aimee Carter

For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.


What did you receive this week?


3 comments:

  1. Nice haul. I also got Pawn as well. It sounds really good.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get much for a book haul, but I'm curious about the "Man Made Boy." What is that about? :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, these are interesting and new to me. I like. :) Thank you for sharing about them

    ReplyDelete