My Book Haul (27) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (27)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Book Haul (27)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Love everything Julie Kagawa writes, so couldn't resist requesting this from NetGalley!

Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa
Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life....But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. (Goodreads)

***
Lori Foster is one of the go-to authors for me, so was really pleased to take part in a blog tour for her latest book. Lori always manages to come up with interesting characters, and you know you'll get a HEA ending. Sometimes I need HEA. ;) 

Getting Rowdy by Lori Foster
Getting Rowdy by Lori Foster

An alpha hero's attraction to the one woman he can't have could draw him into a killer's snare in the sizzling new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster. (Goodreads)

Swapped:

This was a surprise from PaperbackBookSwap.com, as I had forgotten that it was on my wishlist. When I received the email saying that the book was available, I figured why not? I love anthologies, and this one looks like a good one!

Fantasy Gone Wrong
Fantasy Gone Wrong anthology

Everyone knows that heroes should triumph, dragons should be slain, and maidens should be rescued. But what if things don't go according to plan? Here are 16 fun tales of magic gone awry - from an author whose unicorn protagonist takes control of the story to a person who can hear food talking with strange events and surprising consequences in between. (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?



3 comments:

  1. Iron Traitor...I'm jealous. I ordered the book, not that it matters anyway as I am a little behind in the series.
    I have now downloaded a sample of Fantasy Gone Wrong. It sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anthology sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get back to the Iron Fey series. I left off with Iron Knight, and need to get all the new ones. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u