July Wrap-up | Alexia's Books and Such...: July Wrap-up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, August 5, 2013

July Wrap-up

library-6

Hoping that a monthly recap will get me back on track!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to average 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I read 6 books in July. That means that I'm 27 books behind schedule and need to read 68 total by the end of the year. Do kids books count? Bet I could whip through 68 board books pretty fast! *L*

Blog Goals

No goals completed this month.

Commenting

Am still getting used to Bloglovin' and not doing very well with commenting. Need to find my groove.

Fun with keyword searches

I've started checking my stats periodically, as it's amusing how none of them match. I also love seeing all of the funny ways that people find my blog, so thought I'd share some of the more unusual keyword searches:

*mature mammy*
*zombie mommy*
*will smith shirtless*
*toe tag*

It never ceases to amaze me what people search for online! Unfortunately, the results weren't all that exciting. They all led to archived snapshots of my blog, where it pulled one word out of different posts. But what's with all the interest in shirtless men???

6 comments:

  1. July was not a great month for me for reading, but I'm hoping to turn that around soon. According to Goodreads, I am 23 books behind schedule to meet my goal for the year, so you are not alone in that!

    I find it interesting how none of the stats match either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was it about last month? Not one of my best months as far as books went either. And yes, children's books do count or at least I hope they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids books totally count! So do novellas!

    I'm always baffled by what people search for as well, though I wouldn't complain about a shirtless Will Smith ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know all about my blog being found by the search words "shirtless". Usually has something to do with my soccer boys. My reading goals were shot to hell this year. Oh well, it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *groan* I know I'm behind in reaching my goal on Goodreads as well. And I'm not going for 100. *sigh* Here's to another great month for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. July was pants. And August has started out the same. While I have managed to read a few books, the last post I wrote was July 15 until tonight which was an apology.
    You are not alone my friend. Do not beat your self up.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u