Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Book Haul (26)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

A few interesting titles from the latest Amazon Vine newsletter:

How To Be A Good Wife
How To Be a Good Wife by Emma Chapman

In the tradition of Emma Donoghue's Room and S.J. Watson’s Before I Go to Sleep, a haunting literary debut about a woman who begins having visions that make her question everything she knows. (Goodreads)

***

Paleo Cookbook for Dummies
Paleo Cookbook for Dummies by Dr. Kellyann Petrucci

"The Paleo Cookbook For Dummies" gives you delicious, flavorful, and easy-to-make recipes for anyone who wants to enjoy the benefits of eating the Paleo way. (Goodreads)

Swapped:

Received an email from Paperbackswap.com that one of the books on my wishlist was available. I had forgotten that I had outstanding credits, so ordered a couple of books that sounded interesting.

Bar Code Tattoo
The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn

The bar code tattoo. Everybody's getting it. It will make your life easier, they say. It will hook you in. It will become your identity. But what if you say no? (Goodreads)

***

The Everafter
The Everafter by Amy Huntley

Madison Stanton doesn't know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this - she is dead. And alone, in a vast, dark space. The only company she has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things Maddy lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that with these artifacts, she can reexperience - and sometimes even change - moments from her life. (Goodreads)

Borrowed:

One of my neighbors started a book club and this is our first read. A neighbor lent me her copy as she had already read it. Not my usual type of read, but I've read Anita Shreve before and she's very talented. My first book club read!

Light on Snow
Light on Snow by Anita Shreve

Snowshoeing over crusted snow in the woods near their home, twelve-year-old Nicky Dillon and her father come upon something shocking. There in the pristine winter scene, an abandoned baby wails, its survival made possible only by the coincidence of their having chosen this path for their late afternoon outing. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?


5 comments:

  1. Oh my God. I haven't gone to Paperback Swap in like forever. You got some great books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go google Paleo now

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Paperback Swap sounds amazing. A great haul of books, I know what you mean about some gathering dust before you get around to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy your new reads. :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete