Review: Pivot Point | Alexia's Books and Such: Review: Pivot Point

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: Pivot Point

Pivot Point
Pivot Point by Kasie West

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. 

When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with - her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

As soon as I read the synopsis on this one, I knew I wanted to read it! The ability to see your own future? How could anyone resist that?

Loved the story, as I haven't read anything even remotely like this. The closest I could think of was the movie Sliding Doors, but that character didn't "see" both lives and didn't have the option of choosing which path she wanted to take.

Addie's parents decide to separate, and Addie is given the choice of choosing who she wants to live with. She decides to use her ability to see which option would be best, but with surprising results!

After the initial set-up, the chapters alternate between the two choices. Very clever definitions at the start of each chapter remind you if the chapter will be in the NORM or PARA world (you'll see what I mean when you read it).

The majority of the book is Addie's search into her two possible futures, and then she makes her choice towards the end.

Really enjoyed this story! Liked the characters, had a well paced plat, there was plenty of action, and I think the author is very talented. Really loved the premise, and think that Searching would be an awesome ability! Recommended for anyone who enjoys YA fantasy!

ARC received via the Amazon Vine program in exchange for an honest review

5 comments:

  1. I've been dying to read this one. I need to get my hands on it. I love when you want to read a book and then the reviews come out and they're all glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too sure I'd like to know my future. I do like the sound of this one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Sounds good, but almost too good to be true. Funny since it's fiction, right? ^_^ I don't know if knowing both outcomes would work in reality because wouldn't they be ever evolving anyway as you gained new insight? Might have to consider this one some more but loved your enthusiastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sounds like an interesting way to look at things. And to see what would be best. Maybe a smart girl here. :) Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u