My Book Haul (23) | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul (23)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Book Haul (23)

Photobucket

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

This was a nice surprise from Meryl L. Moss Media. It's been awhile since I've read a good thriller, and this one is set in Hawaii, so should be good!

Saving Paradise
Saving Paradise by Mike Bond

When a beautiful journalist drowns mysteriously off Waikiki, Hawaii, Special Forces veteran Pono Hawkins, now a well-known surfer and international correspondent for surfing magazines, soon gets embroiled in trying to find out why she died. (Goodreads)

Edelweiss:

Note to self:  staying off of NetGalley does you no good if you can't stay off of Edelweiss as well.

Heart of Venom
Heart of Venom by Jennifer Estep

When a terror from the past threatens Gin’s friend and body-disposer, Sophia, Gin will stop at nothing to protect her, even if it means walking straight into a killer’s trap. Meanwhile, the rocky romance between Gin and Owen reaches a turning point—can they reunite and rekindle their love? Or will the things Gin has been forced to do in her line of work as the deadly assassin the Spider keep them apart forever? Assuming, that is, she survives long enough to find out…(Goodreads)

***

Once We Were
Once We Were by Kat Zhang

In the riveting sequel to What's Left of Me, Addie and Eva struggle to share a body as they join in the rebellion against the government that would destroy them. (blurb)



What did you receive this week?


6 comments:

  1. I know Net Galley and Edelweiss are so addictive. Jennifer Estep books are like my weakness. I see her book there, got to get it of course. Got HOV about two weeks ago. Nice haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edelweiss? Another new site for me to become addicted to? Thanks Alexia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done much with Edelweiss yet, which is probably a good thing because I'm so ridiculously behind with NetGalley as it is. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah, nice collection this week. :) Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, good reading ahead! Most recent acquisition... LION VS RABBIT from Peachtree Publishers. =) happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u