Mid-year Review | Alexia's Books and Such: Mid-year Review

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mid-year Review

library-6

Hard to believe that the year is half over already! My theme for the year is Discipline, but I don't seem to be very disciplined...

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. Got into a bit of a reading rut and I've only read 26 so far. I'm now 24 books behind. To make my goal, I need to read 12 books every month. That's 3 books a week. Even at my best, I don't think I've ever read three books a week. Going to give it the old college try though! *puts on reading goggles*

Blog Goals

Have lots of lovely goals. They even have their own page. They are very pretty goals and, every now and again, I stop by to visit. Haven't actually completed any of them, but I do stop by to say hello periodically so they don't feel totally neglected.


Blog Updates

Installed a floating share bar on my blogs awhile back. Found easy instructions at Simplex Design  and it only took a few minutes. I also updated my little "About Me" widget on the sidebar and created a Contact Me page. No recent updates, but I have a few ideas.

Commenting

Am slowly getting used to Bloglovin and was able to transfer all of the blogs I follow from Google Reader successfully. I hope. It's a little awkward with all the clicking, but think I'll eventually get used to it. It was the lesser of the evils when I was trying to find a Reader alternative, so now I just have to get back on the Commenting Bandwagon.

Fun with keyword searches

There are so many funny ways that people find my blog, so thought I'd share some of the more unusual keyword searches:

*parker young shirtless*
*power lunch eat shirtless at desk*
*mammy ryans kitchen*
*hairy alexia*
*hairy italian dominate men shirtless*

I have no idea what these people were searching for, but can only imagine that they were disappointed when they wound up on my blog. Thinking about titling all of my reviews "Shirtless" from now on...if nothing else, my blog traffic will increase! *L*

Conclusion

So the first half of the year hasn't been all that great. Hoping the last six months is better! Progress is slow, with a few setbacks along the way, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been in a bit of a rut. :( I'm sure you'll pull out of it soon, and you can always change your GoodReads goal, not that I've done that before or anything ;)

    I love looking at keyword searches they always crack me up, though it makes me sad when I see "xxxxxxx spoilers." Read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hairy alexia? The mind boggles.

    Just saving the best to last, I'm sure the rest of 2013 is going to see you picking that towel back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was one of those people who did well with setting goals. I rebel almost immediately lol

    This year I decided not to worry about any of it and somehow that works for me - both with reading & blogging. I'm enjoying both more these days after a horrible slump last year.

    I'm kind of liking Bloglovin as a reader. it took some getting used to but it's not bad.

    Those searches are hysterical. I love looking at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the update. ^-^ Haven't hit the reading rut thankfully, but my time online has been cut dramatically and life simply doesn't wish to cooperate. Cie la vie...we'll both get things under control this latter half of the year...no doubt. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I haven't looked to see how I was doing with my reading goal on goodreads lately. I'll have to check it. Here's to a kick butt end of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still have lots of time to work on your goals and reading (at least, this is what I keep telling myself)!! I am behind on both my reading and goals as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it bad that I had to do a google search of the last one on the list?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your plans and so glad you are still wearing a shirt even if it disappoints some. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u