Book Review: Spartan Frost | Alexia's Books and Such...: Book Review: Spartan Frost

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, July 1, 2013

Book Review: Spartan Frost

Alexia's Books and Such
Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

I’m Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was - until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost.

Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I’m fine, that Loki and the Reapers don’t have a hold on me anymore, but I can’t risk it. I can’t risk hurting Gwen again. So I’m leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away.

I know Gwen wonders what’s happening to me, whether I’m safe. I can’t tell her, but this is my story …(Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

This is a novella, which takes place after the events in Crimsom Frost and is told from Logan's point of view. I really like Logan, the Spartan warrior who is Gwen's boyfriend!

Logan is having a tough time dealing with the events that took place in the previous story, so he's left school to try and deal with the situation. While he stays in touch with a couple of his friends, he refuses to talk to Gwen by phone, text, or email. He is confused by what happened and fears for the future, but not discussing what happened isn't helping. It's hard enough getting a male to discuss his feelings, but when that male is a Spartan? Furgeddaboudit!

It's a great story to tide us over the next full-length book, as it's nice to see things from Logan's point of view for a change. There's even some great action in this one, despite being a novella! Recommended for all Mythos Academy fans!


eBook received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

6 comments:

  1. Oh I so need to start this series. *sigh* I need more time! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a bit of a filler. I'm wondering if it can be read as an introduction or if I really need to read the first books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would make more sense if you'd read the other books, but they're quick reads!

      Delete
  3. Seems like I missed the band wagon on this series ...but there's always tomorrow. ^-^ Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep saying, yet I never seem to catch up! *L*

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u