My Book Haul (22) | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul (22)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Book Haul (22)

Alexia's Books and Such

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

This was a nice surprise in my mailbox the other day. Supposed to be a big summer blockbuster, so excited to read it!

Alexia's Books and Such
The Curiosity by Stephen P. Kiernan

Michael Crichton meets The Time Traveler's Wife in this powerful debut novel in which a man, frozen in the Arctic ice for more than a century, awakens in the present day. (Goodreads)

Contest Wins:

Not sure how this got lost in the shuffle, but this one is too cute to ignore! Won an ARC of Substitute Creature from the Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers 4 year Blogoversary bash! It's due out at the end of September and I'm looking forward to reading it, as I love the quirky titles from Quirk Books!

Substitute Creature
Substitute Creature by Charles Gilman

The latest adventure in the Lovecraft Middle School series features more adventures, more outrageous monsters, and another terrifying lenticular cover! (Goodreads)

Gifts:

Received an awesome box full of goodies from Tammy over at Bo's Book Nook! She was nice enough to pick me up a few things at BEA, forever cementing her status as BFF! Have I mentioned that she was the one to take me to my very first NY Comic Con? Can you see why I love this woman?

Alexia's Books and Such
BEA ARCs:
Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston
Relic by Heather Terrell

BEA shirtBEA shirt
Not only did she send me some ARCs, but Tammy also sent me a couple of awesome shirts!


Grimm comic
Tammy even remembered me on Free Comic Day, picking me up an awesome comic from one of my favorite shows! 




What did you receive this week?


22 comments:

  1. Amazing haul. I love the cover of The Curiosity,not sure about its comparison with The Time Traveler's Wife though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comparison gave me pause too, but still curious to read the story!

      Delete
  2. WOAH, lots of stuff! I haven't heard of most of these books, but I have read Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series, and I can't wait to read Frozen! And OMG GRIMM! Finally, a fellow book lover who loves Grimm as well! :D

    Have a great weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grimm is the best! Totally love Monroe, and hope he has a HEA with Rosalee!

      Delete
  3. Awesome. Frozen looks terrific. I didn't get Relic. I must have missed that one. Oh Well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Grimm comic? Damn - I know there's a novel coming in October, but I had no idea about the comic.

    Here's my shelf additions for the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea there was a novel coming out, much less the comic, so double yea! Looking forward to next season and can't wait to see how Nick gets out of this one!

      Delete
  5. I've not heard of The Curiosity but it looks intriguing. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to pay too much attention to covers, but have to admit that this one really caught my eye!

      Delete
  6. I can't wait for Frozen! I hope you enjoy everything. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't come across these books. They sounds great! Happy reading.

    arlene
    WinterHaven Books
    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The Time Traveler's Wife so now I can't help but be really curious about The Curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm skeptical whenever books are compared like that, but looking forward to seeing for myself. I really enjoyed TTW, so have high expectations now!

      Delete
  9. Well, I certainly do hope you enjoy them all. I love the Lemony Snicket shirt. Got one for myself as well.
    I also picked up a copy of Substitute Creature at BEA. The finished copies have that nice lenticular cover, but it should be fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Keep Calm and Read on T-shirt! :) Some cool books-Substitute Creature has a creepy cover that I will not have to look into the series.
    Here are my newest additions .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Some amazing books there. Was a nice haul. :) Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Curiosity sounds really good! Substitute Creature sounds like creepy fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok I don't even know what Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer is about (I'm sure I read the synopsis at one point but I've forgotten) but I love the title and the cover. Though I've heard they are going to take the blood off the cover which would be terrible! That's what makes the cover so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u