My Book Haul (20) | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul (20)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Book Haul (20)

Photobucket

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

Richelle Mead is one of those sure-thing authors, where you know that no matter what she writes, it's going to be good! Couldn't resist accepting a review copy of her brand new series, and it sounds amazing!

Alexia's Books and Such
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead

Gameboard of the Gods, the first installment of Richelle Mead’s Age of X series, will have all the elements that have made her YA Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series such megasuccesses: sexy, irresistible characters; romantic and mythological intrigue; and relentless action and suspense. (Goodreads)

NetGalley:

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a sucker for anything with Jennifer's name on it. I don't even have to read a synopsis, but it's an automatic WANT! Doesn't hurt that this is a great series!

Alexia's Books and Such
Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

I’m Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was - until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost. Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I’m fine, that Loki and the Reapers don’t have a hold on me anymore, but I can’t risk it. I can’t risk hurting Gwen again. So I’m leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away. I know Gwen wonders what’s happening to me, whether I’m safe. I can’t tell her, but this is my story… (Goodreads)

***

As soon as I heard about this anthology, I knew that I had to have it! With stories from some of my favorite authors, it's a can't miss collection of awesomeness! So happy when NetGalley approved my request!

Alexia's Books and Such
Carniepunk anthology

A star-studded urban fantasy anthology featuring bestselling authors Rachel Caine, Rob Thurman, Seanan McGuire, Jennifer Estep, and Kevin Hearne, whose stories explore the creepy, mysterious, and, yes, sometimes magical world of traveling carnivals.


Purchased:


Saw this one features by Melissa over at My World....in words and pages and had to immediately download a copy for my nook! We have similar tastes, and she always manages to find the most interesting ebook freebies!

Alexia's Books and Such
Hunter's Blood by Marianne Morea

This fast paced short story sets the beginning of the Cursed by Blood Saga. The novella also includes the first four chapters of book two... (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?


29 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Richelle Mead! I hope you review Gameboard of the Gods! I've been wondering about that one.

    Alise @ Readers In Wonderland
    My Stacking the Shelves/Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read, so will definitely review it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice books :) Here's my Stacking the Shelves post this week. Stacking the Shelves

    Shounak ( Shounak's book reviews)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many amazing covers in this week's STS! Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul of books. Richelle Mead is awesome. I hope you love her newest offering. Jennifer Estep's novella looks interesting.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Richelle Mead book was great! Just started the novella and so far, so good! :)

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! Carniepunk is one I'm curious about, but waiting to see some reviews on first.

    Here are my new additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking forward to this one, as it features some of my all-time favorite authors! Really hope it lives up to my high expectations, or I'll be depressed the rest of the summer. *L*

      Delete
  7. Great haul, I've been eyeing Carniepunk for a while now. Congrats on the accepted galley :)

    Courtney Ann @ Rondo of a Possible World
    My Stacking the Shelves post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! Can't wait to read that one!

      Delete
  8. I loved Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. I've been meaning to read one of her adult series, maybe I'll give Gameboard of Gods a try.

    Happy reading! :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Richelle Mead, so was excited to get this one. Will do my review soon, as it was awesome!

      Delete
  9. Yay Richelle Mead! So excited to start reading this one. Enjoy all that you got this week! Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    Our STS
    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to finish Mead's Vampire Academy series, but this new book of hers looks cool too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished the Vampire Academy books either, but this one is a great start to a new series and more my taste!

      Delete
  11. Nice haul! I still need to read my copy of Gameboard of the Gods. Carniepunk looks interesting but being I do not like clowns I am not too sure of this one. Enjoy the books!
    Here are my newest additions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do carnivals have clowns? Hope not, because they're too creepy!

      Delete
  12. What a great haul. Not a fan of anthologies as you know but I'm impressed by the look of Carniepunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed that they managed to get so many of my favorite authors together in one collection! I'm in reader's heaven! :D

      Delete
  13. The former carnie kid in me, really wants to read Carniepunk now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be curious to hear what you think of it, since you're the only person I know with first hand experience!

      Delete
  14. Cool haul. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-41.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shane! Love the name of your blog! :)

      Delete
  15. Game board of the Gods sounds so enticing, I want to read it so badly :) Happy reading this week!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an awesome haul. Can't wait to get my hands on the new Richelle Mead book!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u