Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blog Tour: Lori Foster's Bare It All

Alexia's Books and Such

From New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster, comes the second book in her new Love Undercover series, Bare It All.

A cop’s craving to know more about the woman next door could prove fatal.

As the person responsible for taking down a brutal human trafficker, Alice Appleton fears retaliation at every turn. No one knows about her past, which is exactly how she prefers it…until the sexy cop next door comes knocking.

Detective Reese Bareden thinks he knows what makes women tick, but his ever-elusive neighbor keeps him guessing like no other. Is his goal to unmask Alice’s secrets? Or protect her from a dangerous new threat? One thing is certain: their chemistry is a time bomb waiting to explode. And with no one to trust but each other, Reese and Alice are soon drawn into a deadly maze of corruption, intrigue and desire - and into the line of fire….

Alexia's Books and Such
This is the second book in Lori's Love Undercover series and, mostly because of the characters, I actually liked it better than book one (Run The Risk).

Reese is one of those tough guys that Lori is so good at creating, but naturally he has a heart of gold. I really loved that he rescued an abandoned dog and that the dog helps him in his pursuit of neighbor Alice. Who can resist a man who rescues a dog? And what a sweet dog!

Alice was a little annoying at first because she seemed too timid. I don't mind shy people as I'm shy myself, but Alice seemed like a little mouse at first and those type of women have a tendency to annoy me. But as we got to know her and her background, I grew to admire her inner strength. She had been through a really hard time and lived to tell about it. Her past situation was a little odd to me, but the bottom line is that Alice was a survivor.

One of the things that I like about Lori's books is that you're more or less assured a HEA ending. You know that no matter what, good triumphs over evil and the hunk gets the girl. I don't read much romance anymore, but still enjoy Lori's work.

Have you read any of Lori's books? What do you think? If you've read this one, please let me know what you thought about Alice. She isn't your typical romantic heroine, but she did eventually grow on me.


*Blog tour arranged by BookTrib, all opinions are my own*

3 comments:

  1. Glad that this proved more to your liking, I wonder how many readers finding book 1 was not to their taste would bother with book 2? A shame really as the first book in the series is not always the strongest and it does sometimes take a while for the plot/characters to develop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really...a sequel that out-shined the first. Coolness. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, liking book two a bit more. I like that. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete