Birthday happiness! | Alexia's Books and Such: Birthday happiness!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Birthday happiness!

Yesterday was my birthday and we had a great time celebrating!


DH gave me a really nice card with a bag of Twizzlers, my favorite! Inside the card was a handmade coupon, redeemable for a cat. I love cats but he's not a fan, so this was really sweet of him!


Received a gorgeous bouquet of daisies from my parents. My favorite flower!



Chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Another favorite! This was dinner. Well, DH made us a salad first, but cake for the main course and Twizzlers for dessert! Yea birthdays! 



DH always manages to find awesome gifts for me! I'm a t-shirts and jeans girl, so love my new shirt! Too many books? There's no such thing. The man knows me well! And check out my new clock! Time to read! 

Had a wonderful day and received lots of birthday wishes from all over the world. Love my blogging buddies and Facebook friends! 





12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Mine is today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another May baby! Happy birthday Carol! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a great one and I love that clock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because he always moans about how hard I am to buy for, then he finds something I absolutely love!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome birthday! LOVE the bookish gifts.

    Does this mean you'll be getting a kitty soon? I hope you will join us for Cat Thursday again if/when you do. =O)

    I sent you wishes on FB, but happy birthday once more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! As for the kitty, I think I might be ready. It broke my heart when I lost Didi and I was a mess for a long time, but think I might be ready for another reading buddy to cuddle with on the couch. :)

      Delete
  4. OMG!!! He's going to let you get a cat??? And you didn't have to beg!!! That is really sweet and thoughtful of him. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures of my new niece or nephew.
    Sounds like you had a great day, but a tummy ache waiting to happen. I love cake for the main course. It also works well as breakfast. I bought Cam a B-Day cake from my favorite bakery by North Arlington. It was a 7" Austrian cake, all chocolate. I got it because we haven't tried that one yet. Well, I have to tell you, Cam had two small pieces. I ate the rest over the course of a week. I'm not bragging and I'm not proud of that fact, but there you have it. That's all I'm saying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Love these gifts!!! I think your DH needs to talk to mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I love the clock! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D Sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy (very!) belated birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u