Review: The Eternity Cure | Alexia's Books and Such: Review: The Eternity Cure

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: The Eternity Cure

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning - New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts

The Eternity Cure is a great follow up to the first book in the Blood of Eden series, The Immortal Rules (check out my review)!

We catch up with Ally, the MC, as she's searching for her sire (Kanin, the vampire who turned her). He was captured by the insane, evil vampire Sarren and Ally is determined to rescue him. Because of their "family" connection, Ally can see the torture Kanin is suffering in her dreams. It's almost like a psychic connection due to their blood bond.  

Ally runs into a few old friends as she's tracking Kanin, some more welcome than others. I really liked that Ally has become stronger and can take care of herself now, although she does need help to get out of a few tight spots. I like my heroines to be able to take care of themselves, but not turn into a superhero. Does that make sense? 

Lots of adventure in this one, with some surprising plot twists! Sarren is crazy bad, but Ally can hold her own (with a little help from her friends). Really loving the new Ally!

Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite authors, and I'm starting to like this series as much as her Iron Fey series! She's a really talented writer with a great imagination, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next! I would recommend reading the series in order, as it explains everyone's relationship and why they may act the way they do. 


eARC received from the publisher via NetGalley







9 comments:

  1. I still have to read the Immortal Rules. If only people would stop writing. I might be able to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolz @ above comment. I agree whole heartedly.
    I LOVED Immortal Rules and I was excited to see your review for this book.
    Did this book hold your attention as much as book 1? Sometimes in the 2nd book there is something missing for me. Its not as captivating. I hope thats not this books case. I'll be sad because IR was an awesome read.
    Bella's W.O.W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this cover. I'm so pleased you enjoyed the book as I'd have been so disappointed to learn it wasn't any good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe this one is coming out! I so need to get to the first on...on my shelf, right there *points* So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of fun. And I agree, the cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From you comments and the ones that follow, I'm really missing something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone I know and admire has been nominated for a Liebster Award. Check it out @ http://emaginette.wordpress.com if you dare. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved Allie in this one - I did not like her in the first book she was too whiny for me. But Jackal is who really stole the show for me. I haven't read her Iron Fey but I've been thinking I really need to now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO want to read this one! LOVED the first book, so you can bet that this one won't be on my wish list for too much longer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u