My Book Haul (18) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (18)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Book Haul (18)

Photobucket

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review

I've been trying to be good, but I have a weakness for anything with Julie's name on it and couldn't resist requesting it from Amazon Vine! Plus, I'm a sucker for anthologies and this looks like a good one!

by Julie Kagawa, Ann Aguirre, Karen Duvall

Dawn of Eden by Julie Kagawa:  Before The Immortal Rules, there was the Red Lung, a relentless virus determined to take out all in its path. 

Thistle & Thorne by Ann Aguirre:  After a catastrophic spill turns the country into a vast chemical wasteland, those who could afford it retreated to fortresses, self-contained communities run by powerful corporations. But for Mari Thistle, life on the outside-in the Red Zone-is a constant struggle. 

Sun Storm by Karen Duvall:  Sarah Daggot has been chasing storms since she was a child. But after the biggest solar flares in history nearly destroy the planet, she becomes a Kinetic, endowed by her exposure to extreme radiation with the power to sense coming storms-in the cosmos and beyond. And she's not the only one. 



What did you receive this week?


12 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love Julie Kagawa's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear good things about Julie Kagawa. I haven't read her yet, but I hope you enjoy. Also, this is random but I love the picture of the cat in the mailbox!
    Here are my newest additions

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good! I haven't read anything by Julie Kagawa, but I've heard great things. Happy reading!
    Here's My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great!! I'm officially jealous!
    New follower via e-mail
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had an ARC of that one which I really enjoyed. I hope you like the stories too. Come and see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one. I'm jealous cause i've been eyeing this one :)

    new follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/stacking-shelves-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I've gone a couple weeks without buying any new books...so to celebrate I bought some new books haha. This one sounds great, I still can't believe I haven't read anything by her. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new follower via GFC! I'm your 600th! :))

    I never knew Julie Kagawa wrote more books that Iron fey series and the immortal rules series :O

    MY STS
    http://www.lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/04/stacking-shelves_26.html#links

    (INT) GIVEAWAY WIN YOU BOOK OF CHOICE
    http://www.lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/04/500-followers-international-giveaway.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I have this one to read too! I want to get to it soon....er, with all these other books. lol. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u