Thursday, April 11, 2013

March Wrap-up

library-6

March was meh. 

I only read three books during the entire month of March. *blech*

Thought I had found my mojo at the beginning of the month, but it didn't stick around very long. Assumed that I was in a reading rut, but turns out it was a review rut. Found myself not wanting to pick up a new book because then I would have to review it, and I'm so far behind on my reviews that it's not even funny.

But I have a plan! (yeah, yeah, yeah. Terri plans, gods laugh. Moving on...)

Someone recommended that I force myself to read in order to get out of my reading rut. So decided I'm going to force myself to write reviews in order to get out of my review rut. Even if they're short reviews, at least it will get the writing juices flowing again, right? And lord knows I can't shut up once I get started, so it's the getting started part that I'm having trouble with.... *sigh*

Now, for some strange reason, I can't get the intro to Steppenwolf's Born To Be Wild out of my head. You know the line - Get your motor running....

Fingers crossed!

15 comments:

  1. Sorry March was so meh for you. I'm sure April will be better! You'll find a way out of you're rut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Kimberly! I miss reading. :(

      Delete
  2. I'm behind on my reviews too, but I still continue to pick up the books, despite my slow reading too! Here's hoping it picks up this month or at least in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tif! I've started several reviews, just need to finish them now!

      Delete
  3. Good plan. And read first few pages to see something to grab you and make you want to keep going.

    Here's to a good new month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm reading The Eternity Cure right now and really liking it!

      Delete
  4. So, I believe I will always be behind in my reading and behind in my reviews. I could possibly catch up if I never bought, borrowed or was gifted another book for the rest of my life. Like that's going to happen.
    I think the plan of attack is sound. It might be tough getting started, but start with baby steps.
    I remember you told me your first review was like a paragraph long, but it wasn't too long before you were just running on with your train of thought.
    I think if you just start, you'll find that you'll mentally get back into it.
    And I think it's a better plan than trying to force yourself to read books you're just not feeling.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bo! I'm trying not to buy or accept any new books until I'm caught up, but seem to have the willpower of a knat! On the bright side, I have enough books stockpiled in case there's ever a worldwide book shortage! Then maybe I'd finally feel like reading them all! *L*

      Delete
  5. When I was in my rut, not amount of forcing myself to write would work. It got to the point I didn't even like reading other blogs, because I reminded me I had stuff to do. I'm glad I took my break when I did, if I hadn't, I'm not sure I would be here now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was avoiding other blogs too, for the same reason. I'm just now starting to read them and trying to catch up, but there's just too many unread posts. Will probably just skim the recent posts and start fresh.

      Very glad you climbed out of your rut and are back! Gives me hope that I can do it too! :)

      Delete
  6. Not too sure forcing yourself to read/review is the answer. Perhaps a break was all that was needed, well, they say a break is as good as a rest - or something like that anyway. Hoping your mojo soon returns and April is a better month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PW! My mojo seems to be coming and going at odd intervals, so hoping she plans on sticking around for awhile!

      Delete
  7. Just remembered the saying I was thinking of ...... A CHANGE is as good as a rest.

    By the way, its good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to have to have you back...and sorry for my own absence! *hugs* ^_^

    ReplyDelete