My Book Haul (17) | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul (17)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, March 18, 2013

My Book Haul (17)

Alexia's Books and Such...

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the book.

For Review:

It's really sad how little self-control I have when it comes to requesting review copies on Shelf Awareness. I should probably unsubscribe so I won't be tempted, but doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. But I defy anyone to resist this title! I mean, c'mon! Kelley Armstrong and Melissa Marr writing about Ragnarok? I'm SO there!

alexia561.blogspot.com
Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr

In Viking times, Norse myths predicted the end of the world, an event called Ragnarok that only the gods can stop. When this apocalypse happens, the gods must battle the monsters - wolves the size of the sun, serpents that span the seabeds - all bent on destroying the world.

The gods died a long time ago. (Goodreads)

Purchased:

One of my blogging friends just opened her own Etsy shop. She's shown a few of her crafts on her blog and she's really talented! The shop is Pandora's Craft Room, by Marie of The Boston Bibliophile. Was excited to see all the things she's already made, and very happy that she was willing to make me a few custom pieces. I fell in love with this fabric on one of her previous projects and she had enough left to make me a couple of bookmarks and a change purse. Planning on giving the change purse as a gift, but may keep both of the bookmarks for myself. I LOVE bookmarks! (all photos by Marie, as she's a much better photographer than I am!)

http://alexia561.blogspot.com/
front
http://alexia561.blogspot.com/
back
http://alexia561.blogspot.com/
back of change purse



The fabric reminds me of the temporary tattoo my niece got when we were in Hawaii, so thought the change purse would be a nice keepsake. Still debating if I should give her one of the bookmarks or be greedy and keep them both for myself! *L* 



Receive anything good this week?


13 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks great, I love the cover, I'm really looking forward to your review of Loki's Wolves.

    And how about those bookmarks and coin purse, wonderful material, I can see why you'd want to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am excited about reading this one, as I'm a huge fan of both authors! And need to get the change purse in the mail or I'll be tempted to keep that as well! *L*

      Delete
  2. The fabric is sharp, and I love the bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie was nice enough to do a custom order for me, and I absolutely love the bookmarks!

      Delete
  3. Loki's Wolves looks good. And loving the design on the fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to catch up with my TBR piles, but can't resist the temptation of Shelf Awareness and NetGalley. Have a serious issue with self-control when it comes to books! *L*

      Glad to see I wasn't the only one to fall in love with this fabric! I wonder if she could make a cover for my nook? hmmmm......

      Delete
  4. Love the turtle print!
    I saw this book listed somewhere, too. Didn't realize the Armstrong and Marr were those Armstrong and Marr. Might need to take a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh nice! i don't know much about this one but with both of these authors at the helm, i am betting it's good. enjoy!

    fishgirl182 @ read now sleep later

    ReplyDelete
  6. So want to read this book! It sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book and the swag look awesome. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Etsy shoutout! <3 I'm so glad you love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Loki's Wolves too! Can't wait to dive in. Also, love that fabric! Must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay on the books, but loving that etsy purchase/pattern! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u