February Wrap-up | Alexia's Books and Such: February Wrap-up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Wrap-up

library-6

It's a brand new year, so thought I'd try some new things on the blog. My theme for the year is Discipline, so hoping that monthly wrap up posts will help keep me on track!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. Got into a bit of a reading rut this month and according to Goodreads, I've only read 10 books this year. That means I only read three books this month. Three! And two of them were short stories. How embarrassing. *sigh*

Blog Goals

Nada. Didn't cross anything off my list of blog goals this month.


Blog Updates

Very proud of myself for installing a floating share bar on my blogs! Found easy instructions at Simplex Design  and it only took a few minutes. One of the easiest tweaks I've ever made! And I also updated my little "About Me" widget on the sidebar, as it didn't make sense to have book related info on my personal blog. Threw up a Contact Me page as well, but it only has my email address on it right now. Anything else I should add?

Commenting

As well as my reading rut, I seem to be in a blogger rut as well. Was a bad commenter and my poor Google Reader looks like it's going to collapse under the weight of all the unread posts sitting there! Poor neglected reader.... :(


February was a wash for me. Very blah. Still buried under the unpacked boxes and I can't seem to find my reading mojo. Plus we've been having trouble with the house, so a slew of repairmen are in and out constantly. 

Things can only get better now though, right? Please tell me they'll get better!

19 comments:

  1. it's ok, blogging ruts happen!! hope you find some books you really love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! Think I may have gotten my reading mojo back, as I just finished Pivot Point and really liked it! Now I just have to find my reviewing mojo... *L*

      Delete
  2. They'll get better! You always have to have a blah month before a brilliant one :D


    http://thehouseofliterarymirrors.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the way you think! Hope you're right! :D

      Delete
  3. You want me to tell you it will get better? Do you want me to lie? Just kidding. It has to get better, although, it could get worse before then.
    Am I motivating you?
    Sorry to hear you are still buried under boxes. Now that OT has ended for me for the time being, I find that I actually do have some time to tend to my blog, although not as much as I need to. You'll get back into it. Baby steps.
    BTW, care package is on the way...finally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for nothing, but you really stick at motivational speeches. Just saying.... :p

      Delete
  4. I'm intrigued by the floating share bar. hopefully easy enough for someone lacking in techno wizardry I'll be sure to check it out.

    Hoping that March proves a better month blogwise, life does tend to get in the way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The floating share bar was pretty easy, as I'm not the most techno savvy person around. I tend to play with the code until I don't get an error during the preview, then cross my fingers and save! :)

      Delete
  5. Things will get better. Hang in there. I've been feeling weighted down by everything lately, even things I usually enjoy. It happens to the best of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Think it's just a combination of everything happening at once. Hoping that March will be my month! And hope that things get better for you as well. *hugs*

      Delete
  6. I may have to add the share button to the side as well, I can never get it to show up on the bottom of eachpost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you give it a try, as it was one of the easiest tweaks I've ever made to the blog! And I have to admit that I love the way it just stays there on the side...yeah, I'm easily amused. :)

      Delete
  7. " . . . and my poor Google Reader looks like it's going to collapse under the weight of all the unread posts . . . " Does it help to know someone else is just as bad. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it does help to know I'm not alone! I'm so tempted to just mark everything as read and start fresh, but I'm afraid I'll miss an incredibly awesome post if I do that. Decisions, decisions.... :s

      Delete
  8. Totally. ^_^ You're not the only one feeling the pressure though moving has it's own issues altogether. *hugs* It'll get better, the mojo will find you again and all will be well in reading/blogging town. IN the mean time, your pop-up presence is ALWAYS appreciated. (No worries on the commenting either, schedules been crazy my way too so let's just say Google Reader and I have agreed to NOT visit each other for a bit. *ahem* ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah, you are still putting a new house together. It'll all get better. :) Take care dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. things'll get better :-) my reading goals for the year are proving difficult. we'll both just soldier on the best we can :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chiming in to let you know that things WILL get better!!! Wishing you the best of luck and know that I'm routing for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my goal is 100 books this year, too, and i am totally behind. i just seem to be reading slower. hopefully it'll pick up again soon. good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u