Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Book Review: Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

There are people in this world who are Nobody. No one sees them. No one notices them. They live their lives under the radar, forgotten as soon as you turn away. That’s why they make the perfect assassins. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

Jennifer Lynn Barnes is one of those authors that you know you'll going to love anything she writes! Well, at least that's the case for me. ;) While I haven't read her Raised by Wolves books yet, I really enjoyed Every Other Day (you can see my review here) and think she's an incredibly talented writer.

The story is told in alternating chapters by Claire and Nix. While there are no chapter headers, the story wasn't hard to follow or confusing. 

Claire is a sweet girl who has been overlooked her entire life. Thinking that it's her fault and if she only tried harder she wouldn't be ignored, it's amazing that she hasn't turned into an angry, bitter rebel.

Nix has been raised by an organization called The Society. Trained by scientists as an assassin because of his special ability, he's never known affection and has always been treated as a tool instead of a human. I actually felt sorry for him because of this, even though he kills people for a living.

Everything changes when Nix is sent to eliminate Claire, as Claire is the first person to actually "see" Nix. And he can see her. That's when things really start to get interesting!

Gave this one a 4/5 as I really enjoyed the characters and the whole idea of a Nobody! Reminded me a little of an old Buffy episode with the invisible girl, but there were enough differences to make it stand on its own. This one actually pulled me out of the reading rut I was stuck in, so thank you Jennifer!

Highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a great read with interesting characters and a good plot! Really loved the little twist towards the end, and hope that there may be a sequel somewhere down the road!


ARC received from Media Masters Publicity in exchange for an honest review

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this one :) It just wasn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know the Buffy ep you're talking about. Out of Sight, Out of Mind or something like that, right? I kept thinking this idea felt familiar while reading it and now I remember.
    And now I feel a need to go rewatch Buffy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so looking forward to reading this one. The Raised By Wolves series is one of my all time fave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good. I've never read Barnes, but every time I pass Every Other Day in a bookstore I think about getting but then I ultimately get something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know many are giving this one great thoughts. I'm liking what I'm hearing about it. So glad to see you enjoyed it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad you enjoyed it...so did I. I've not read her other work either but you can best believe it is on my wish list to try. Great review....and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds great. Looking forward to it.


    Anna @ http://emaginette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really does sound a lot like the "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" episode of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the review. Sounds like a good book, and I would enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this you sounds great. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete