Top Ten Tuesday - Misty water-colored memories... | Alexia's Books and Such: Top Ten Tuesday - Misty water-colored memories...

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Misty water-colored memories...

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic:  Top Ten Eight Best Bookish Memories 
As soon as I saw this week's topic, the theme from The Way We Were started playing in my head! I only wanted to list special memories, so my top ten list turned into a top eight list. So cue up the music and I hope you enjoy!
  1. Attending BEA (Book Expo America) for the very first time. It was an unbelievable experience, being surrounded by book lovers and having the opportunity to meet some of my favorite authors!

  2. Discovering the blogosphere. I had no idea such a community existed, but am so glad I found it! So nice that there's a place to discuss my love of reading without the fear of eyes glazing over in boredom!

  3. My first comment! I started posting having no clue what I was doing and never expecting anyone to read my blog, much less comment. Was over the moon when I received my very first comment!

  4. My first follower! Just as exciting as the above, I was so excited when people not only read my posts, but actually decided to follow me! So thankful for each and every reader!

  5. The first book that made me cry. I can still remember sitting on the living room couch, amazed and in awe that a book could touch me enough to bring actual tears to my eyes. It was Little Women and I was twelve years old.

  6. My first job as a bookseller. As a reader, my dream job was to work in a bookstore. Was giddy with excitement that someone was actually going to pay me to hang out in a bookstore all day! It was hard work, but I loved it! I've worked at several bookstores since then, but Little Professor Book Center was my first.

  7. Harry Potter. Until the Harry Potter series, I wasn't a big fan of series or big books. Still a little leery of big books, but Harry convinced me to give them a chance. Plus, it was an amazing series and I stand in awe of the author!

  8. Review request from a favorite author. Major squee-ing and a few happy dances happened the day a favorite author sent me a review request. I couldn't accept fast enough, and may have gotten all fan-girly and gushy in my reply.  :)


    What are some of your favorite bookish memories? Anyone else struck mute when meeting a favorite author face to face? I'm pretty sure Jeri Smith-Ready thought I was crazy when she signed a book for me at BEA, as I think I said mrmph mucklum when she handed me the book. *blush*


15 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the HP memories today :D And oh my, I totally forgot about my first comment and follower. I felt SO happy when that happened haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's the little things that seem to have a lasting impression, :)

      Delete
  2. HP memories are in abundance! And I agree with you about finding the blogging community. I remember when I googled book blogs and my jaw more or less hit the ground.

    New follower via GFC!
    My TTT: http://www.isolemnlyswear.com/2013/02/ton-ten-tuesday-bookish-memories.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, HP seem to be bloggers favorite memory! Love that series!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, I would love to go to BEA. Thanks for sharing your bookish memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I'll be able attend BEA this year, but am so glad I was able to go last year!

      Delete
  4. Amazing how many times BEA crops up but then again it is hardly surprising as it is one of my dreams to attend this event - or at least one like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're able to attend one day PW, as it's an amazing experience!

      Delete
  5. What a great list!!! Someday I hope to attend BEA, but until then, I will be armchairing it!

    And, I can relate so much to your comment about finding the blogosphere!! I still see eyes glaze over when I get on a bookish role with some of my friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glazed-over-eyes-syndrome can be a little depressing, as I sometimes wonder how we can be friends if you don't love books as much as I do? *L*

      Delete
  6. I don't remember the first book that made me cry. I'm sure I have it here and might come up with it, but I don't remember off the top of my head. But yes, so many great first in the booking world. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Little Women also holds a special place in my memories. However, it wasn't the first book to made me cry. That would be The Velveteen Rabbit and it also made my list. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nice set of top eight. I relate to the Harry Potter series, but then who doesn't :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some awesome moments! And great memories! I wish I had seen this Top 10 earlier, but truth be told, I was watching two hockey games and it got late.
    I might share mine sometime, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing all the memories this week :) You are so lucky to have worked in a bookstore(several!!). My first follower & comment were two of my favorite memories as well! Thanks for sharing those moments Alexia!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u