Top Ten Tuesday - Love those authors! | Alexia's Books and Such: Top Ten Tuesday - Love those authors!
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Love those authors!

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic:  

Top Ten Eight Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List 

At first I thought I'd maybe come up with 2-3 authors if lucky, so was a little surprised that there are actually 8 authors on my auto-buy list!


Jennifer Estep is one of those authors who can do no wrong in my eyes. She is an incredibly talented author of not one, not two, but three amazing series:  Elemental Assassin, Mythos Academy, and Bigtime. Huge fan, and I'll buy anything with her name on it!

Julie Kagawa is another multi-talented author who has two series that I really love:  The Iron Fey and Blood of Eden. Auto-buy #2!

Kevin Hearne is the author of one of my favorite series, The Iron Druid Chronicles, and the creator of my all-time favorite Irish Wolfhound, Oberon

Dean Koontz is one of those authors that I've been reading forever, and I've enjoyed every one of his books. I know that some people look down on him, but I have yet to read one of his books I haven't liked!

Lauren Oliver is one of the nicest authors I've ever met and I'd probably buy anything with her name on it just for that, so am doubly glad that she's an incredibly talented writer as well!

Lee Child is the creator of Jack Reacher, one of my favorite series. Look forward to every new book!

J.D. Robb is the pseudonym Nora Roberts uses for her Eve Dallas In Death series. Really love this series, and have enjoyed watching all of the characters grow. Plus, Roarke is one of the sexiest men around!


Neil Gaiman. Love him. I even did a post about my crush back in 2009. 'nuff said.


Looking forward to seeing other blogger's auto-buy authors!

7 comments:

  1. You know what? I don't think I have an auto buy list. I always thought that I would buy anything written my Richelle Mead or J.K Rowling but now I'm such a cautious buyer that I jump online and do copious research on a book before I even consider buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah, I've got to get to several of these authors...that's all I can say. ;) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you did pictures of the authors. Dean Koontz is such am amazing author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we're going to fight over Neil now are we? We are actually going to see him and Amanda in April somewhere in New York state. Doubt I'll get near him, but when I saw him in NYC, he was out handing out ice cream before the show. I was too late to get any. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a varied selection. Off the top of my head I'd say there are only 2(3 at a push) authors who automatically make my list - Philippa Gregory, Kathy Reichs and Faye Kellerman. I would until recently also have added Christian Jacq but I've been disappointed with his last few books so will think twice about buying any more of his.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Wow. Auto buy authors...hmm. Use to be Patricia Cornwell and James Patterson... Now, much more seldom. If pressed, I'd say Alexander GordanSmith for certain... Maybe Nancy Holder as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, you met Lauren Oliver?! She seems so nice! Plus, she writes the most beautiful things, and I need to get more of her books soon.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u