My Book Haul (14) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (14)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Book Haul (14)

Photobucket

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

I really should know better by now... Every time I visit NetGalley, just to see what's new, I wind up requesting way too many books! But this one sounds like a fast fun read, and I have until April to read it!

My Ex From Hell by Tellulah Darling

My Ex From Hell is a romantic comedy/Greek mythology smackdown. Romeo and Juliet had it easy. (book blurb)

***


Apparently, I'm not very good at the waiting game. I featured this one in one of my Waiting for Wednesday posts, but thought I would be good and wait until it came out in May. Browsing NetGalley, my mouse accidentally slipped and requested it. Then my nook mysteriously downloaded the review copy, so now I'm obligated to read it. What? That's never happened to you? ;)

The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston

She’s been six different people in six different places: Madeline in Ohio, Isabelle in Missouri, Olivia in Kentucky . . . But now that she’s been transplanted to rural Louisiana, she has decided that this fake identity will be her last. (book blurb)


What did you receive this week?
Leave me a link and I'll swing by to take a look! 



15 comments:

  1. My Ex From Hell sounds interesting. I like the title of the book. Great choice.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sounds great, I'm definitely going to have to check out My Ex From Hell (especially if there's some Greek mythology mixed in). Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with NetGalley ... such an addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rules for Disappearing is on my to-read docket. I can't wait to read it.

    Check out my post here

    Enjoy your books!

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! The Rules for Disappearing sounds amazing! Thats awesome you got approved, I cant wait to see what you think of it. I hope you enjoy both books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want kittens to come out of my mailbox! lol that is adorable. :) You know i have not heard of either of these but The Rules of Disapearing looks right up my alley. haha yeah how that happens with Netgalley ill never know haha. :)
    Jenna
    Jenna & Katrina’s StS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for The Rules for Disappearing, too! NetGalley is too addicting. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your header and your mailbox button!

    Enjoy your bookish week.

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't even heard of The Rules for Disappearing but I'm intrigued now. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous you got The Rules for Disappearing! I love ethe idea of witness protection. I can't wait to read it!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Rules for Disappearing sounds so good! I can't wait to read it! Enjoy your new books.

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do know how that happens at NetGalley and, since I have my Amazon account set to one-click, how that happens at Amazon too. My new book posts are at Ms. Martin Teaches Media (YA) and Inside of a Dog (Adult). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no!!!!! Not another new book place that I haven't yet discovered. I don't know whether to thank you or not Alexia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you need to ground that mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really like the cover to the rules of disappearing. let us know how you like it.

    fishgirl182 @ read now sleep later

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u