Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Challenges 2013

Wasn't going to sign up for any challenges this year, as I wind up not finishing most of them and then feel like a giant failure. Too much pressure all around. But.......as a known sufferer of challenge-acceptitis, I simply can't resist! Managed to keep it down to three, which isn't bad (for me)!

What's In A Name 6
Didn't complete this one last year, but it's such an original and creative challenge that I couldn't resist signing up again this year. Here's my original sign-up post.


eBook Challenge
Hosted by Workaday Reads, I actually completed this one last year. By the skin of my teeth, on the very last day, but hey...I finished! I love my nook and the convenience of carrying around an entire library with me wherever I go! And being able to accept eGalleys has led to some great review opportunities! My goal on this one will be 50 eBooks.

Challenge Guidelines:

  • This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013.
  • Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
  • Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
  • You can plan your books in advance or as you read them.
  • You can move up levels, but no moving down.
  • Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.


Goodreads Reading Challenge
This is more a way for me to keep track of my books, but it's labeled as a challenge, so I'm counting it! I didn't make my 2012 goal, but I have high hopes for 2013! Shooting for 100 again, but secretly hope to read more.

Good luck to everyone who signed up for challenges this year!
I have a hunch that 2013 is going to be awesome!

15 comments:

  1. I love the What's in a Name challenge. I'm also terrible at finishing challenges but whatever! It's all for fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is me...I put too much pressure on myself. Need to take a deep breath and remember that I'm supposed to have fun with these!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your challenges. I usually fail but I refuse to feel too guilty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on being guilt-free in 2013! :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck. I've also signed up for WIAN6 and the Goodreads challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You and your challenges...you are addicted, but in a good way no less. ^_^ Best of luck on them this year...I think three is TOTALLY doable for you...now can you keep it at just three? ^_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep telling my DH - a reading addiction is a good addiction, and much cheaper than clothes or jewelry! I'm trying to avoid signing up for any more challenges, so hope I can avoid temptation. :)

      Delete
  5. The ebook reading challenge is a fantastic idea. I joined last year as well but didn't end up finishing. Like you say challenged become so much pressure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to do my best to not let the pressure get to me this year! Figure I'm going to read ebooks anyway, so why not keep track of how many I read?

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your challenges!! I secretly want to read more than 100 too hehe but it's to difficult for me with work :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how work keeps getting in the way of the important stuff, like reading! Thank goodness I had an hour lunch break, or I never would have gotten anything done!

      Delete
  7. Good luck on your challenges Alexia! I didn't complete my Goodreads challenge last year either so I'm hoping again for 2013 ;) lol. The ebook challenge is a great idea... it's so easy to get out of control when you can't physically see them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a hunch that 2013 will be our year! :)

      Delete
  8. I decided to just do the Goodreads Challenge this year. That is it! (We'll see if it lasts!!)

    ReplyDelete