Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Secret Santa & Holiday Card Exchange goodies!

Really enjoy sending (and getting) cards and gifts during the holidays, so took part in both a Secret Santa and a holiday card exchange this year. 


Took part in the Cold Nights & Warm Books Holiday Book Swap hosted by Squeaky Books and Emily's Reading Room. Love Secret Santa exchanges, but limited myself to only one this year. There's nothing better than getting books in the mail!

This book has been on my wishlist for ages, so very happy that my Secret Santa chose this one for me!
Unwind by Neal Shusterman

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end.

She also included three prints, ready for framing! I especially love the one that says "The Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about". Too cute!

There was no card included so I'm not sure who my Secret Santa was. And when I tried to google the name on the return address, there were over 12 million results! Not quite 12 million hits on Facebook or Twitter, but still couldn't narrow it down. So thank you very, very much Katie, wherever you are! I love my gifts!

***


Also too part in the Book Bloggers Holiday Card Exchange, as I love exchanging holiday cards. I debated whether or not I should take part as we're in the middle of a move and all of my bookmarks are in storage. I like to include bookmarks with my greeting cards, but had to skip that this year. 

Received three beautiful cards in the mail! The snowman card is from Ashley at Book Labyrinth. The handmade Christmas tree card in the middle is from Cassandra. So cute and clever! And the Christmas tree card on the right is from Belle at msbookish.com. Aren't they gorgeous? And they all had great bookish notes inside!

I also received some cool swag with my cards! There was one more bookmark, but DH already claimed it for the book he's currently reading. And bonus - the Rachel Vincent postcard is signed! Major squee!

So very happy I decided to take part in the card exchange! And a special thank you to Judith from Leeswammes' Blog and Courtney from Stiletto Storytime for hosting! 

Looking forward to seeing what everyone received from their Secret Santas around the blogosphere, be they gifts or cards!

18 comments:

  1. Such cute cards! I did the holiday card exchange this year also and it was so nice getting cute cards and bookish things in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the holiday card exchange as it's a great way to spread some bookish love, but not as expensive as a Secret Santa!

      Delete
  2. Ohh so lucky!! I also want to read Unwind, it's true it's going to be a movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't heard that it's going to be a movie, but think it would make a great film!

      Delete
  3. Fun stuff! I didn't get one book for Christmas. I don't think my family gets me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying books for a reader can be tough, as it's hard to know what they've already read. Maybe they'll be more receptive to giving you bookstore gift cards instead?

      Delete
  4. I love getting things in the mail! I should have signed up to these. I hope you enjoyed Unwind. I just finished reading it and absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had Unwind on my wishlist for awhile now, so looking forward to finally reading it!

      Delete
  5. Awww...how AWESOME is that! Love it...and the prints are double fab! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prints were a really nice surprise! :)

      Delete
  6. how fun! I'm glad you enjoyed the swaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secret Santa exchanges are one of my favorite things about the holidays!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Creepy, but not scary. I don't do scary...I'm a big chicken. :)

      Delete
  8. Love those prints -- so cute!

    Glad you enjoyed the bookmarks/swag! The card exchange was a lot of fun, and I think I'd definitely do it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! The card exchange was fun!

      Delete
  9. What a fun mix of presents and such a fun way to interact with other bloggers this time of year!

    ReplyDelete