My Book Haul (12) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (12)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Book Haul (12)

Photobucket

My Book Haul seems like a good choice for showcasing new books. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.


For Review:

This was a nice surprise that somehow managed to track me down from NJ! Not sure how, but thank you UPS and William Morrow! Sounds like a thrilling read!

The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon

Bestselling author Jennifer McMahon is back with a gut-wrenching mystery about an architect whose troubled mother has been found 25 years after being kidnapped-by a killer who is still on the loose.


Contest Wins:

Was hanging out on Facebook and answered a trivia quiz from the Popcorn Factory. So excited when I was one of the winners, as I love their popcorn! And they included a cool Christmas cookbook from The Dead Celebrity Cookbook folks!

and
Butter popcorn sample from The Popcorn Factory

The toast of Christmas past is back and not a moment too soon! In "The Dead Celebrity Christmas Cookbook," Frank DeCaro serves up culinary delights from Edmund Gwenn's Christmas Cup to Bing Crosby's Sugar Cookies and celebrates the best of the season's movies, TV specials, and music.


Purchased:

This was a Free Friday title over at Barnes & Noble not too long ago. I usually don't pay attention to those as I don't want to be tempted, but I remember hearing so much good buzz about this one that I couldn't resist!

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster.


Receive any awesome gifts for the holidays?
Leave me a link and I'll swing by to check them out!


44 comments:

  1. I've been curious about Sweet Venom. I think the whole concept is pretty interesting, but I wasn't a huge fan of Forgive My Fins by the same author. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Forgive My Fins, but am not big on mermaid stories so maybe that's why. I just hope that Sweet Venom lives up to my high expectations!

      Hope you have a great New Year too!

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about sweet venom, I have this one to read as well. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for Sweet Venom, as it sounds awesome! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've heard pretty good things about Sweet Venom. It sounds pretty good but I haven't gotten around to pick it up yet. I hope you enjoy all of your books. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystianna! I'm hoping to squeeze this one into my schedule pretty soon!

      Delete
  4. That's a good book haul! Sweet Venom is such a great read, I loved it. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I'm always nervous with a book that gets such great buzz, so happy to hear it was a great read. Thanks for stopping by, Sally!

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to read Sweet Venom. I've heard awesome things about it.

    Have a great week.

    Here's my post

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's why I couldn't resist downloading a copy, even though I already have a ton of books on my nook. Yea, I'm weak. *L*

      Delete
  6. Ooh, Sweet Venom looks really good! Can't wait for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! Love the sound of the synopsis!

      Delete
  7. I have been dying to read Sweet Venom. Can't wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to have to move this one up in my TBR pile!

      Delete
  8. OH my gosh---the prize you won is awesome. I'm going to have to seek out the Dead Celebrity Christmas Cookbook! That looks like something I HAVE to own. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun read! And the popcorn didn't last very long! *L*

      Delete
  9. Great haul! I love the sound of the Dead Celebrity Cookbook, that's classic!
    I'm a new follower, yay!
    Thanks for stopping by My STS!
    Happy Reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carment! The cookbook is better than I expected, as it has good recipes as well as fun stories!

      Delete
  10. Sweet Venom was really good. Enjoy your new books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Grace! Great haul for you this week!

      Delete
  11. Enjoy reading Sweet Venom. I can't wait to read it!
    Here's my post this week
    http://iloveteenbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/in-my-mailbox.html
    Greetings and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally craving popcorn right now... Sweet Venom is one that i still want to check out! Hope you enjoy all that you got! Happy New Year and happy reading!

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The popcorn was great! Didn't last long either! *L* Happy New Year!

      Delete
  13. Nice choices. I really liked Sweet Venom. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Sweet Venom. It surprised me that the chapters were told by all three sisters but that made me love it all the more. I hope you enjoy it and the other goodies you got this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love multiple narrators, so looking forward to reading Sweet Venom!

      Delete
  15. I have heard a lot about Sweet Venom, hope you enjoy.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm jealous of the popcorn win..... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Ryan! And the popcorn disappeared pretty fast! *L*

      Delete
  17. LOL, yeah, I try to avoid checking out the kindle deals cause I keep adding to it and never seem to get them read! But finding a good deal is always a good feeling. :)
    YAY for the win! Popcorn sounds good right now...
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I check the free nook books, I wind up adding to my virtual bookshelf! Have to resist temptation, but it isn't easy! Happy New Year Candace!

      Delete
  18. Popcorn, yum!! Sweet Venom was good, enjoy. Happy New Years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The popcorn was yummy! Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  19. Love Tera Lynn Childs! I haven't read this one yet, but I really liked her mermaid series. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bo! I'm really looking forward to reading this one!

      Delete
  20. Oh I think I have Sweet Venom somewhere or have it on my wishlist at least!

    Happy New Year :3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of awesome :D I hope you enjoy all of these sweetie. <3 I didn't like Sweet Venom much :\ But I do think other people would like it :) (You need to read The Fault in Our Stars! It's perfect. <3)
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what's keeping me from starting The Fault in Our Stars, but it's definitely on my list for 2013!

      Delete
  22. Ooooooh popcorn, nom nom! What an awesome win :) The One I Left Behind sounds awesomely intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Was so excited that I won, as I love The Popcorn Factory! :)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u