What's In A Name 6 | Alexia's Books and Such: What's In A Name 6

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, November 30, 2012

What's In A Name 6

Can't believe that the 2013 reading challenges are already being posted! Wait a minute...I'm still working on my 2012 challenges! Not doing very well, so need to get busy!

The What's In A Name 6 challenge is hosted again this year at Beth Fish Reads. I like this one because it's unusual and lets you be as creative as you like when choosing books for each category. I love the categories she's come up with for next year, and am already thinking about what titles I already have that might fit!

Details:
Between January 1 and December 31, 2013, read one book in each of the following categories:

  • A book with up or down (or equivalent) in the title: Deep down True, The Girl Below, The Diva Digs up the Dirt
  • A book with something you'd find in your kitchen in the title: Loose Lips Sink Ships, The Knife of Never Letting Go, Breadcrumbs
  • A book with a party or celebration in the title: A Feast for Crows, A Wedding in Haiti, Cocktail Hour under the Tree of Forgetfulness
  • A book with fire (or equivalent) in the title: Burning for Revenge, Fireworks over Toccoa, Catching Fire
  • A book with an emotion in the title: Baltimore Blues, Say You're Sorry, Dreams of Joy
  • A book with lost or found (or equivalent) in the title: The Book of Lost Fragrances, The World We Found, A Discovery of Witches

The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.

Hoping 2013 will be a better year for me blogging-wise, as I sort of ran out of steam this year. And if you know of any other cool challenges out there....please don't tell me, as I won't be able to resist signing up! *L*

7 comments:

  1. Still in the midst of the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge, I'm now away to sign up for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm... I don't know... I didn't do well with my zombie one like I wanted...

    I kind of like this challenge tho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do well with this years challenge, but going to give it another try!

      Delete
  3. I'm probably not going to succeed with this challenge this year, but I'm still going to sign up for 2013! I love that this challenge is so different and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did horrible with this one this year and I don't think I am even going to get half-done. BUT, I think I am going to try it again next year!! I love the categories!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u