I am going to be offline for awhile due to a bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement), but should be back shortly. Please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Still here (sorta, kinda....)


I'm still here....sorta.

Things have been pretty hectic lately. We got out of town just ahead of Hurricane Sandy, but I spent several hours days glued to the TV watching updates as I was worried about my friends back home. Our house closing was delayed because, well, it's hard to close on a house when no one has power. But we finally closed! Just in time for Athena to hit the area. Whew! Don't know what Mother Nature has against the East Coast, but glad we're finally out!

I know, I know, what does this have to do with books? Nothing really, just wanted to explain why I haven't been around lately. I haven't read a book in over two weeks. Think that's the longest I've ever gone without reading. Feels weird. 

So life has been busy with exploring the area and house hunting. And it feels kind of rude to read in front of DH for some reason, which is strange because I never had this problem before.

Anyway, I am slowly dipping my toe back into the blogging world and have started visiting blogs again. Need to work up the energy to start writing reviews, and need to start reading. 

Feels a little like everything is on hold until we find a permanent place to live, and I seem to have no energy. But to quote Monty Python - I'm not dead yet! 


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's been a rough ride. Sorry to hear it. Hope things settle down and fingers crossed you find something in the house department soon. Take your time with the blog, we're not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you haven't been too badly affected by the recent storms. Bad enough when we have bad weather here in the north east of England, it must be terrifying to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it easy and best of luck with all your transitions. It sounds like a stressful time! We'll be here when you get back and settled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new header! Very cute.

    We all need some space and a break now and then. And the process of moving sucks... completely stinks. So very stressful (never mind a huge storm!)

    I still can't find stuff from our out of state move in April. But the good news is that we are finally comfortable.

    *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Monty Python! Hang in there and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Athena was not much of an event, I'll tell you that much. We got about two inches of snow and it mostly meted by the end of the next day. Temps were in the 40s. Apparently, the temps are going to be in the 50's and 60's this week, so what the hell?
    I feel your frustration in not being able to read, but I can't see why you wouldn't read in front of B unless he is trying to get you to work on something else.
    Life will be in flux for a while, but you'll get it sorted out.
    Just don't stay away too long. I miss you and our fajita lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a busy time of year for everyone cause I find myself falling behind too, and I didn't even move! Good luck with everything and hopefully stuff settles down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope things get back to normal soon. Good luck with the house hunting. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back. glad you weren't caught up with sandy. i have lots of friends and colleagues out there, too, and it was scary watching all the footage. hope you get back in the swing of things soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u