My Book Haul - NYCC 2012 Edition | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul - NYCC 2012 Edition

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Book Haul - NYCC 2012 Edition

 
Thanks to my awesome friend Tammy (Bo's Book Nook), I got to experience Comic Con on Friday! Despite not being a book convention like BEA, I still managed to bring home two totebags full of awesome! And thank you Suvudu for the second tote! I only brought one bag with me, as I had no idea what to expect.
 
So without further ado, here are the books I picked up at Comic Con:
  
 Autographed books
 
Beneath a Rising Moon by Keri Arthur
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
False Sight by Dan Krokos
Rise by Andrea Cremer
The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett
Blades of Winter by G.T. Almasi
Tempest's Fury by Nicole Peeler
Hounded by Kevin Hearne
The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress
 
 Un-autographed books
 
The Different Girl by Gordon Dahlquist
Hidden Things by Doyce Testerman
Dualed by Elsie Chapman
Natural Born Angel by Scott Speer
Obsidian Mirror by Catherine Fisher
Bard's Oath by Joanne Bertin
The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb
Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb
Skinwalker by Faith Hunter
Firelight by Kristen Callihan
A Kingdom Besieged by Raymond Feist
 
 I picked up a Comic Con shirt to commemorate my visit!
 
 Also bought a Hard Rock shirt, but camera is acting up so I don't have any pictures. It's the regular New York Hard Rock shirt on the front, with NYCC pictures on the back.
 
Be sure to check out my I Came, I Saw, I Comic Conned post!
 
Happy reading!


21 comments:

  1. wow! how fun. i've always wanted to attend a comic con but i will be living vicariously through you for now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always curious, so very happy that I finally got to see what it was like!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Than PW! I didn't expect any freebies, so was very happy that the publishers took care of us readers!

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul!! I need to do Comic-Con someday! I am dying to read Friday Society--looks like such a fun book! Oh and Dualed!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen both of these around the blogosphere, so very excited to get my hands on them!

      Delete
  4. What amazing signed books, that's fantastic! I've read 3 series by Robin Hobb, jealous that you have Dragonkeeper and Dragon Haven!

    Here's My StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pub rep said Robin was awesome, so looking forward to reading her!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. A fellow Batman & Robin fan! I knew you were awesome, Jenny! *L*

      Delete
  6. Awesome books! I am so jealous of False Sight. I am dying for that book. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read the first one, but Dan is such a nice man that I was thrilled to meet him!

      Delete
  7. I went to comic con in San Diego and expected much more swag for books. All the publisher booths just wanted to sell the books. :(

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was strange having to remember to ask if there was a charge for anything, as I'm used to BEA where everything is complimentary. Was afraid I would accidentally steal something, so made sure to always ask! :o

      Delete
  8. Ooooooh I'm so excited about Through the Ever Night!! I hope you enjoy it! And all those other fabulous books too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! I was excited to receive so many great looking books, as I didn't think there would be many giveaways!

      Delete
  9. Nice haul but I'm totally loving the t-shirt pick ups best. ^_^ What can I say? Every time you wear it you'll remember the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like ComicCon was awesome. Both Through The Ever Night and False Sight sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u