My Book Haul (10) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (10)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Book Haul (10)

Photobucket

I was in need of a new way to showcase titles, and finally decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Received this from Goddess Fish Promotions for a blog tour in December. Sounded too interesting to pass up, as I love the idea of aliens conquering Earth through mind control!


by Trisha Leigh

In 2015, a race of alien Others conquered Earth. They enslaved humanity not by force, but through an aggressive mind control that turned people into contented, unquestioning robots. Except sixteen-year-old Althea isn’t content at all....


Gifted:
My friend Tammy (Bo's Book Nook) is the bestest, most wonderful friend in the world! She knows how much I love Dean Koontz, so dropped off an autographed copy for me! Isn't she the best? I have signed bookplates from ole Dean, but this is my first autographed book! Love you T!

by Dean Koontz

Do you dare step through the red door? Spencer Grant had no idea what drew him to the bar with the red door. He thought he would just sit down, have a slow beer or two, and talk to a stranger. He couldn't know that it would lead to a narrow escape from a bungalow targeted by a SWAT team. Or that it would leave him a wanted man. 


What did you receive this week?


25 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I really wanna read Whispers in Autumn. x]
    Happy reading ^__^

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound pretty awesome, doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. Dean Koontz is a habit I picked up years ago. I'll never give it up. Good to know I'm not alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dean because he's always a good read! Very glad to know we're not alone!

      Delete
  3. Whispers of Autumn looks nice. Great haul of books. Great haul. Come visit me too.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the leaves are woven into her hair on the cover! Looking forward to the read!

      Delete
  4. Love the cover for Whispers of Autumn. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for cool covers, and I really like the autumn leaves on the cover! :)

      Delete
  5. Koontz has always been one of my older favorites!

    Dark Obsession Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't gotten to reading "Whispers in Autumn" but it looks as good as ever ;) I hope you enjoy it, I'm a new follower.

    My stacking the shelves, please visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Judith! I followed you back! :)

      Delete
  7. Liked the description for Whispers in Autumn and I've now put it on my Kindle Wish List.

    Many thanks.

    Please check out my haul for this week at http://resolution-corner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/showcase-sundayletterbox-lovestacking_27.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the whole mind control aspect of this one!

      Delete
  8. fun! I hope you enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read a new Koontz book in years. I tend to prefer his older ones. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still one of my "go to" authors, as I've enjoyed all of his books!

      Delete
  10. It is my parting gift. (She sighs). I hope you have an uneventful journey, though, I know you were driving into the storm. Safe journeys, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Journey was fine, as we got lucky and skirted the storm. Stay safe Bestie!

      Delete
  11. Love the cover for Whispers in Autumn. Hope you love it.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, as I love the premise!

      Delete
  12. You still got books with the move! Wow. You are dedicated. lol. Hope you are all settled in. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the first things I did was unpack the 3 bags of books I brought with me. DH thinks I'm nuts, but I need my books! *L*

      Delete
  13. Looks like a good haul...enjoy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u