Book Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa | Alexia's Books and Such: Book Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, October 8, 2012

Book Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

by
Julie Kagawa

Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs - including his reputation - begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world - the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

My Thoughts:
The Iron Fey series is one of my favorites, as I love how Julie incorporated an entire new realm into the Nevernever (fairyland). So you can imagine how excited I was that she decided to continue the saga with Ethan's story!

Sad to see that Ethan has grown up to be a bit of a jerk. But it's not really his fault, as the Fey have made his life miserable enough that he's had to come up with some rules to try and help him survive. Unfortunately, those rules practically guarantee that he won't have any friends and will keep getting in trouble. Plus, his poor mother worries.

At a new school (not the first one), Ethan tries to keep his head down, but trouble still manages to find him. Despite everything that's happened, Ethan is a good kid who can't ignore when a half-fey is being bullied. He steps in, and starts down a road never expected.

Really enjoyed revisiting this world, and loved getting to know Ethan in more detail. And Grim! Love that cat! Plus we're introduced to Kenzie, an amazing girl who won't take no for an answer and wants to find out what makes Ethan tick. Really enjoyed her character! So brave and resourceful and funny, and I'm hoping she sticks around.

Julie hasn't lost her touch and she continues to come up with great plots, interesting characters, and awesome writing! What can I say, I'm a huge fan!

This is an exciting new spin-off of the Iron Fey series, and I can't wait to see what happens next for Ethan, Kenzie, and Kerrian!


eBook provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review 

18 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the characters are continuing to develop and new ones are being introducing - I think a long running series like this can become very staid very quickly if the characters remain the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some series definitely peter out, but Julie manages to bring something new to the table each time! And it helps that she's focusing on new characters instead of digging the original trio into a rut.

      Delete
  2. SWEET! I like that he is still good even though he was a brat at first. I have this one and I can't wait to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K, as I STILL have not read The Iron Fey series yet I sort of skimmed your review. I really do plan on reading all of them some day. Sigh! Some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days, I'll talk you into reading this series! ;)

      Delete
  4. I had forgotten all about Grim... fantastic character... i need to read that whole series again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is one of the few series that I'll actually re-read! Nothing to do with my massive crush on Puck either... *whistles innocently*

      Delete
  5. Oh oh oh! I need to read Iron Knight yet, and this sounds like a great spin off. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think you'll really like this one, as it's a great spin-off with lots of fun potential!

      Delete
  6. I haven't started reading this series either :( Though I have friends who adore it. I'm getting so behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth the wait, as now you can read them back to back without the lag time between! Hope you give them a chance, as I love this series!

      Delete
  7. Egads! Every time I read about her work, it's always sounds better and better! Glad to hear it hit high marks with you my friend... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm a huge fan of Julie's, so of course I have to gush! *L*

      Delete
  8. I haven't read any of the Iron Fey series yet. I don't think I've ever read a fey book either (still thinking...). I'll have to give this series a shot someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love books about the fey! The whole Robin Goodfellow mythology gets me every time!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like something I would like to read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you give it a chance, as Julie has created a great series!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u