My Book Haul (7) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (7)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Book Haul (7)

Photobucket

I was in need of a new way to showcase titles, and finally decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.


Contest Wins:

Midnight by Ellen Connor
 
Their desire destroys her defenses.
Their love gives him a reason to live.


Purchased:

Pet Shop Boys by Kim Harrison
 
 From bestselling author Kim Harrison comes this original short story (to be featured in her anthology Into the Woods, October 2012) where things are most definitely not as they seem. A pet shop employee’s innocent date with a customer quickly turns disturbing rather than delightful. She and her family hold a centuries-old secret, and they want him to stay with them forever . . .


What did you receive this week?


8 comments:

  1. whenever i hear the phrase pet shop boys i always think of the band, LOL so now I have one of their songs running through my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I had West End Girls stuck in my head all night! *L*

      Delete
  2. Love the cover of Midnight. I really like those kind of covers.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girls with guns and guys without shirts always catch my eye! ;)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, Pet Shop Boys looks interesting!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping she turns it into a series, as it was a great short story!

      Delete
  4. Agree with Dazzling Mage, that second book sounds pretty good....happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have the first two books of that series with Midnight, and really look forward to reading them. :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u