Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Book Haul (6)

Photobucket

I was in need of a new way to showcase titles, and finally decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Nothing this week. :(

From the Library:
There are some authors that the minute I see they have new books available, I put my name on the waiting list immediately! J.D. Robb and Lee Child are two of them. So since these were borrowed and not purchased, guess this means I didn't fall off my book buying ban this week! Yea me! ;)

Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb
 
It was just another after-work happy-hour bar downtown, where business professionals unwound with a few drinks . . .until something went terribly wrong. And after twelve minutes of chaos and violence, eighty people lay dead. (Goodreads)
 

A Wanted Man by Lee Child
 
Reacher is back! A Wanted Man is a new masterpiece of suspense - from #1 New York Times bestselling author Lee Child....In Lee Child’s white-hot thriller, nothing is what it seems, and nobody is telling the truth. As the tension rises, the twists come fast and furious, keeping readers guessing and gasping until the explosive finale. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?
Leave me a link and I'll swing by to check them out!

20 comments:

  1. Nice. Everytime I decide to go on a book buying ban haul, there are new books I must have. I'm bad. You got some really good and interesting books this week.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bad too, as I keep falling off my ban. But these were both really good reads, and I didn't technically break my ban since they were from the library...yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! *L*

      Delete
  2. Seen Delusion In Death this week, but I'm waiting for the audio. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with Roarke and Dallas!

      Delete
  3. Haven't read these books, but I hope you enjoy them!

    Happy reading! And thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helene! And good luck with the reading challenge!

      Delete
  4. Happy reading Alexia :) !! Looking forward to know what you think of all these books ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have already read them both and loved them! Just need to write the reviews now...

      Delete
  5. Haven't read this books but they look good! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good! Thanks for stopping by Erika!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read anything from either of these authors! Delusion in Death looks really good! Hope you enjoy and thanks for dropping in at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The In Death series are like comfort food for me...love this series!

      Delete
  7. Alright so I started reading the In Death series when book 20 or so was released and I read them all back to back and then I stopped (reading them back to back was probably not smart). I've been thinking about picking it back up and over the last two weeks it keeps popping back up and now you've sealed the deal. I must get back into the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I probably wouldn't recommend reading them back to back. Sort of like you shouldn't eat an entire cake in one sitting... Hope you pick them back up, but in moderation! ;)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Welcome home! These are two of my favorite series, so hope you give them a try someday!

      Delete
  9. There are too many series out there for me to even contemplate. I just enver know which ones to start and which to leave alone. Hope you are off to a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...another J.D. Robb book. She totally goes on my list of "over productive authors"... ^_^ Hope you enjoy the reads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I'm behind in getting around to visit everyone with the crazy evenings this week, but hope it's going wonderfully for you. :)

    ReplyDelete