Bloggiesta - Saturday Mini Challenges | Alexia's Books and Such: Bloggiesta - Saturday Mini Challenges

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bloggiesta - Saturday Mini Challenges

 
So many of the Bloggiesta mini-challenges look like fun that I decided to hit the most relevant to my blog first, then will go back and finish the others when I have more time.
 
One of the technical challenges I wanted to complete was the Gravatar & Favicon challenge by Jenni Elyse. I had set up a gravatar a few years back, but forgot where the site was so I made sure to bookmark it this time! And I figured I might as well set up favicon while I was at it. I followed the instructions, but it didn't seem to work. Turns out I had to delete the cookies and history on my laptop first. So ta-daa! Challenge #1 complete!

The next challenge I tackled was how to Use A Website Grader by Smash Attack Reads. I was a little worried, but received a grade of 84! Most of the action items Hubspot recommended were Twitter related, as in tweeting more and being "more conversational" on Twitter....whatever that means. Twitter is a huge timesuck for me, so I try to stay off it as much as possible. I can lose hours once I log on, so going to have to work on improving my website grade some other way. But still...an 84!

My next mini-challenge was How To Build Your Blog Audience by Book Journey. I'd love to grow my audience and increase comments on my posts, so was excited to see what Sheila recommended! And her challenge to visit 10 new blogs was a blast! I visited several fellow Bloggiesta participants, and even found some awesome new blogs to follow!

I also started on Word Lily's Catch Up on Reviews challenge. Really like that she offers three levels of participation, so think I'm going for the middle one of completing 50% of my outstanding reviews. I know there's no way to catch up on all of them, but I can do half! Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you've gotten a lot done! I am loving the mini challenges too. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Really enjoying the mini-challenges too!

      Delete
  2. I love the mini challenges as a break between writing reviews :) I am doing the catch up on reviews challenge too. It really helped me out :) I hope you will make it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't look good as Sunday has been crazy-busy for me, but I'm determined to cross everything off my list no matter how long it takes!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed my mini-challenge and got your gravatar working. I didn't even think of telling people to delete their cookies and history. I constantly have caching problems, so you'd think I would've thought of it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really liked your challenge Jenni! And it was a simple matter of checking Google to figure out I needed to delete the cookies, so no worries. Thanks for hosting it!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you've made some good progress! I'm love these mini challenges and I've book marked quite a few that I know I won't be able to get to this weekend.

    Love the favicon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! It makes me smile to see my little guy hanging out up there... :)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u