Monday, September 10, 2012

BBAW Day 1: Feeling the Love!

 Welcome to Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2012!
 
Today is all about sharing the love...showing our appreciation for some of our favorite book blogs! While I follow several incredibly awesome bloggers, wanted to share a few of my favorites:
 
 
Tammy at Bo's Book Nook
 
Tammy is a good friend of mine that I met way back when we worked together at a mall bookstore. She's one of the few people IRL that doesn't look at me like I'm nuts when I start ranting about something a fictional character said. So happy that she finally decided to start her own blog! And she has a picture of her cat for her avatar! Love that! Even though she's new to the blogosphere, I'm amazed at how quickly she's found her voice, and her reviews are incredible. She may even get me to finally try manga!
  
 
Ryan at Wordsmithonia
 
Ryan and I started blogging at roughly the same time. While we sometimes read different genres, I trust his reviews implicitly and if he says a book is worth reading, then I'm willing to give it a chance. He's also the creative mind behind the My Favorite Fictional Character meme! You definitely need to check Wordsmithonia out!
 
 
 
This is one of those blogs where the posts always make me smile. I love her voice, and her reviews are well-written and full of fun! Really enjoy her Roving Reader feature, where she highlights interesting books she discovers during the week. Visiting SFIR is like visiting a friend, where you can sit down and gush about your love of reading!
 

 Petty Witter at Pen and Paper
 
 Petty Witter (aka Tracy) is one of those bloggers that makes me proud to be part of the blogging community! While we've never met IRL, I can always count on her blog having great content and I think she's an incredible woman! Her Monday posts are always fun, and I usually wind up learning something new after visiting. Tracy has one of those blogs that if I only have a couple of minutes, I make sure to stop by to see how she's doing and find out what's new. If you haven't discovered Pen & Paper yet, what are you waiting for?
 
 
These are just a handful of the wonderful blogs that I love, and I'm looking forward to discovering even more during BBAW!

21 comments:

  1. So many thanks for such a lovely mention. Away to say hello to Ryan and Tammy now - GMR is already a good blogger buddy of mine and you are right in all you say about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was hard not to gush about you even more, as you're an amazing woman and awesome blogger Tracy! So glad I had an opportunity to show my appreciation for you! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like Pen and Paper too. I'll have to check out the others on your list. Thanks for sharing :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tanya! Am having fun discovering new-to-me blogs like yours!

      Delete
  3. I'm really sad that I totally missed out on BBAW this year. I don't know how I missed the fact that it was starting this week. Thanks for the shout out, and you know you are one of my favorites as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog love! I'll have to check out some of these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a blast reading all the BBAW appreciation posts! And my reader keeps growing too! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm checking them out now - sounds like a great bunch of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Liviania! Was very happy to discover your blog!

      Delete
  6. Hey, it's Egg! He's famous. Wait until I tell him. You know what? Never mind. He'll get a swelled head. He has enough of an attitude problem as it is.
    Thanks for the wonderful comments!
    I will be happy if you just give Nevermore or Tiger's Curse a try. They're my favs. Of course, I'll keep working on the manga. Eventually I might find one you'll want to read. Hey, there is a manga styled book on Death from Sandman by Jill Thompson called Death: At Death's Door (Death #1). You might want to check that out!
    Anyway, thanks for all your help and support, especially since I am in my infant stages. If you weren't there prodding me all the time, I might still not have gotten my blog up.
    So thanks, P!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, don't diss my nephew! Egg is a sweetie! Am really loving how you found your blogging voice so quickly! You rock!

      Delete
  7. These are some great blogs! I hope you have a fantastic week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Hope you have a fantastic BBWA week too!

      Delete
  8. Aww...thank you SO much for the mention! I too missed the festivities this week...bummer...but the way I see it, we celebrate BBAW EVERY day by sharing our love of books, good times, and making those connections with other readers/friends....at least that's my reason and I'm sticking to it. ^_^ YOU ROCK my friend! Happy BBAW everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, every day is BBAW when we share our love of reading! See....this is one of the reasons I love you, as you have incredible insight! :D

      Delete
  9. Ryan is one of my favorite bloggers too. :-) You have a great list there. I really do enjoy being a part of the book blogging community. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the book blogging community the best? And I love finding new bloggers through things like BBAW!

      Delete
  10. Amazing picks. :) I think of the 4 there is 1 I'm not following, or know. :) I'll have to visit. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm having a blast this week discovering new blogs and reading great interviews!

      Delete
  11. Yay! New blogs to visit! And Tracy is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete