Don’t Call Me Angel By Alicia Wright Brewster | Alexia's Books and Such: Don’t Call Me Angel By Alicia Wright Brewster

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, August 17, 2012

Don’t Call Me Angel By Alicia Wright Brewster

Don’t Call Me Angel By Alicia Wright Brewster

After crawling her way out of Hell, Six is ready to cast aside her angel wings and all the responsibilities that come with them. But Earth is not as peaceful as she imagined it. Demons, dark angels, and other hell-beasties escaped before her, and they're not as content as she is to live a quiet life on Earth.

A fellow angel who escaped Hell with her commits a series of soul-murders, destroying human souls so they can't go to the afterlife. Although Six has conflicting feelings about humans, she goes after the other angel to keep their escape a secret from the one she fears most.

My Thoughts:
This is a novella, so is a fast read.

Six is a fallen angel who was cast out of Heaven over 200 years ago, but she's not exactly sure why. Plotting and planning for decades, she finally succeeds in her escape attempt and makes it to Earth with Alden, the closest thing she has to a friend.

I wasn't really sure what to make of Six at first, but she eventually grew on me. Not sure how she managed to maintain any compassion after spending a few centuries in hell, but she did. Unlike her fellow angel, Six did not want to hurt humans. She even takes it a step further and tries to protect them.

Was sorry when the story ended, as I want to find out what happens next! Will Six survive life on Earth? Will be interesting to see if a fallen angel try to get a job! And what kind of job? I didn't really care for the illustrations as I'm not a big visual person, but enjoyed the story. Interesting premise with decent characters and with the potential to make a good series. Worth the read.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Alicia Wright Brewster is a mild-mannered lady of average height and above average paranormal obsession. By day, she works in an offi ce. At night, she’s an author, an electronics junkie, and a secret superhero. In her virtually non-existent free time, she loves to read, watch movies, and eat food. She is particularly fond of the food-eating and makes a point to perform this task at least three times per day, usually more. You can visit her at www.aliciawb.com


eBook received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

10 comments:

  1. Great review but alas I'm not too sure this is a read for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! It's a novella, so a quick read. Took me a chapter or two to warm up to Six, but she grew on me!

      Delete
  2. I have to wonder why she is named a number while the other angel has an actual name. I also wonder about her being able to remain compassionate after being in hell so long. Let her come to Newark and we'll see how long she reaims compassionate.
    It is an interesting enough premise. I'll give you that.
    Good review though, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Jersey reference! ;) The story does explain her name, but no spoilers! Don't know if you would like this one, but you never know...

      Delete
  3. This one sounds good but I'm not into graphic novels. I try but I guess I just don't appreciate the pictures as well as I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much for pictures either, as I'm more a word person. While the story did have several illustrations, it wasn't a graphic novel. Though that might have been cool!

      Delete
  4. I love books with pictures! Especially if they're as cool as the cover of this book. Am a huge Fallen Angel junkie at the moment so this books sounds awesome. All the better that it's a novella because my attention span is super short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think you would like this one, especially if you're on a fallen angel kick! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  5. Oh I got this one on the Nook as well. Glad to see you enjoyed it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep an eye out for your review, as I'd love to hear what you thought of it!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u