Pre-BEA Happy Dance | Alexia's Books and Such: Pre-BEA Happy Dance

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pre-BEA Happy Dance

dance dance dance

Can hardly believe that Book Expo America (BEA) is almost here! It seemed so far away and I had plenty of time, then BAM! OMG it's this week! I'm not ready! Yikes! *deep breath*

I've been working on a spreadsheet for some of the books I want to try and pick up. It's not finished yet, but thought I'd leave a link to give you an idea of what a giant geek I am how I try and organize my day. I know that there are several overlaps, but if one line is too long or they run out of books, at least I'll have options.

And before the full craziness of BEA sets in, I want to apologize to everyone in advance. I am not a visual person, so I'm pretty sure I won't recognize you if we run into each other (despite your helpful posts showing your picture). Believe it or not, I will probably not recognize you even if we've met before. So please, please, please don't take it personally if I sneak a peek at your badge for your name!

If you sneak a peek at my badge and recognize my name, please say hello! And if you have business cards, could I please have one (so I can remember who I talked with)? I'll have my business cards with me, but I usually forget to offer. Had a great discussion with someone while waiting in line last year, but we forgot to trade cards so I have no idea who she was. So embarrassing!

Will you be at BEA this week? Would love to say hello! I'll be on Twitter (@Alexia561) all three days, or shoot me an email. And please don't mind the blank look on my face if I can't see your badge.... pretend that I have amnesia and remind me of your name (two or three times if necessary).

*happy dance*



18 comments:

  1. Color me jealous! I really wanted to go this year but I got pregnant haha. I prefer the baby than BEA but still LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the two, think you made the right choice as Lily Ann is adorable! And there's always next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan! Would love to hit BEA with you and Sheila some day!

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to join you! I know it's omly one day, but I'll take what I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I am driving my DH nuts as I can't stop talking about it!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I'm so excited, but nervous too. Hoping I don't turn into a puddle of goo when I meet my fave authors!

      Delete
  7. I'm thinking I'll be having a card attached to my BEA pass w/my twitter handle and avatar so people who I may not know will recognize that. Its so much easier to spot a picture then stare at someone's Badge XD

    Hopefully we run into each other! (we should--we have some similar stuff--REDSHIRTS OMG REDSHIRTS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a genius! Will try to print out a copy of my avatar to attach to my badge. And OMG Redshirts! So excited!

      Delete
  8. I'm going as well and I can't wait to see as many of y'all as possible. Omgosh my list looks nothing like yours I think tomorrow I will make it into two or three sheets instead of the nine i have going right now. Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to be good, as there are still a few unread copies leftover from last year. Think my list was 2-3 pages long for every day last year! :o

      Delete
  9. Great job with the spreadsheet. There are so many events on at the same time. I hope you get to do everything you planned. Have a great time and report back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that this year will be smoother than last, and there will be no pushing or shoving!

      Delete
  10. Have a blast my friend! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G! I had so much fun I almost didn't make it! *L*

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u