Mailbox Monday | Alexia's Books and Such: Mailbox Monday

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mailbox Monday

I find myself in need of a new way to showcase titles as, for personal reasons, I decided to no longer participate in The Story Siren's In My Mailbox meme. So I am "test driving" different alternatives. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve.

This week is Mailbox Monday, the weekly meme created by Marcia from A girl and her books (formerly The Printed Page) where book lovers share the titles they received for review, purchased, or otherwise obtained over the past week. Mailbox Monday is now on tour, and June's Host is Marie at  Burton Book Review.

For Review:
Am a huge fan of Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series, so was thrilled when I received a chance to review her first eSpecial!

by Kelley Armstrong

Just weeks before the final installment in the Otherworld series, Thirteen, goes on sale, the publisher is releasing the first-ever eSpecial from Kelley Armstrong, The Hunter and The Hunted. It includes two short stories - Stalked and Off-Duty Angel - as well as an exclusive and extensive first look at Thirteen.

***

This is one of those titles that I missed out on at BEA. I blogged about it and was surprised when the author saw my post and generously offered to send me an autographed copy! Color me happy!


They Disappeared
by Rick Mofina

A loving family, fracturing under pressure... Jeff Griffin, a mechanic, and his wife, Sarah, travel from Montana to Manhattan to give their nine-year-old son, Cole, his dream vacation as they secretly face the heart-wrenching turmoil that has them teetering on divorce. In the wake of their heartbreak, a mother and son disappear...


 
What did you receive this week?
Leave me a link and I'll swing by to check it out!

30 comments:

  1. I want to pick up the Keeley Armstrong series!

    Here is my weekly round up post.
    Lauren from Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do, as the Otherworld series is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to those reviews. Good luck in your search for more 'Mailbox' memes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I thought I'd give several different memes a shot before making my final decision. Am leaning towards the Book Haul meme, but I have a few others to try out first.

      Delete
  3. I requested the anthology on net galley but they locked the kindle option =( blah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that! Think it's available for only a few dollars on Amazon and BN.com if you still want.

      Delete
  4. i hadn't seen either one of these before! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! And thanks for the heads up on the new Kelly Meding book!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any non-YA Kelley Armstrong, but I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you need to read the Otherworld series! It's one of my favorites, and there are so many different characters that you're sure to find a new favorite!

      Delete
  6. Wow! They Disappeared sounds really awesome. I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading and thanks for visiting my new books posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like an amazing read, doesn't it? Looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  7. I love Kelley Armstrong's books---though I've never tried her adult series! Enjoy your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! Hope you give this series a chance soon!

      Delete
  8. I haven't read anything by Kelley Armstrong, but I have always wanted too. Eventually I will pick up one of her books, I think I would love it! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  9. They Disappeared looks really good...thanks for sharing. Enjoy your week.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! Looking forward to reading They Disappeared, and so excited that the author sent me a personalized copy!

      Delete
  10. Very cool that the author saw your post. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice mailbox! Haven't heard of any of these, but I can definitely see a huge crowd waiting on that first one. That author has a fairly large following...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley is awesome! Hope you give her a read someday!

      Delete
  12. I haven't read any of Kelley Armstrong's books, but I own at least three of of her YA ones! Seriously, Brodie? Shame on you. I definitely need to stop neglecting them and read them soon! And if I like, I'll for sure be trying out her adult books too, especially since you're a fan :)

    Awesome books this week, have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't give you too much grief, as I'm neglecting several really awesome books on my TBR piles too. *hangs head in shame*

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. That's one of the books I really wanted to get at BEA, so very glad the author is a nice guy! :D

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u