Ma semaine dans les livres (My week in books) | Alexia's Books and Such: Ma semaine dans les livres (My week in books)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ma semaine dans les livres (My week in books)


I find myself in need of a new way to showcase titles as, for personal reasons, I decided to no longer participate in The Story Siren's IMM meme. So I am "test driving" different alternatives. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. Really like the Parisian theme of Ma semaine dans les livres (My week in books) by Moirae (the fates) Book Reviews! Love the whole idea of Paris! *le sigh*

This was a surprise, as I don't have any record of requesting it and it's not my usual genre. Sigma Force? It's from William Morrow, so it's entirely possible that someone mentioned it at the HarperCollins party Monday night. Or they could have sent it on spec, but I thought they had stopped doing that. I do like the occasional thriller, so will give it at least one chapter to see if I like.


In a thrilling masterwork that will make you rethink your perceptions of life and death, New York Times bestselling author James Rollins takes you to the edge of medicine, genetics, and technology, revealing the next evolutionary leap forward: immortality.

***

I don't usually read books like this, but this one sounded intriguing enough to try. Having life coach "experts" have to prove themselves? Time to put up or shut up? Sounded too good to resist!

by Justin Cohen

Welcome to Quest, Inc. They say they can change your life. Now, as they’re followed by an investigative journalist from one of the world’s leading news publications, they have to prove it - or be damned as charlatans.


What did you receive this week?
Leave me a link and I'll stop by to check them out!

8 comments:

  1. What was the IMM theme of hers? I honestly haven't been to her site since the whole "scandal" broke out. I imagine your personal reasons are about the same as everyone's..?

    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that! IMM stands for In My Mailbox. And yeah, my reasons are pretty much the same as everyone else.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, love the title of the meme! <3 Aww, Paris! <3 *le sigh*

    I haven't heard about any of these books, but they look very interesting! Blood Line seems like an awesome red! Hopefully you will enjoy the book! :)

    Happy reading, Alexia! :)

    Here is my haul this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Paris is so.....Parisian! :)

      Delete
  3. Same here on the BLOOD LINE title...maybe it will be one of those surprise fav's from outside the reading box?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool books and nice pic of Le Tour Eiffel! All new titles to me - that's one the things I like about Letterbox Love and the like, finding new books and new blog friends.

    My books this week are here. Welcome, kettle's on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding new books is one of my favorite things about the mailbox posts! And love the Letterbox Love idea! So very British and charming! :)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u