Love is Murder Blog Tour - Featuring Julie Kenner | Alexia's Books and Such: Love is Murder Blog Tour - Featuring Julie Kenner

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, June 22, 2012

Love is Murder Blog Tour - Featuring Julie Kenner

Love is Murder anthology

Prepare for heart-racing suspense in this original collection by thirty of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing romance suspense today. You can follow along on the blog tour and enter to win fabulous prizes too!

My Thoughts:
Anthologies are my weakness. I love them! It's a great way to discover new writers, as well as visit with old favorites while waiting for their next book! This is one of those rare collections where almost every story was a winner! Amazing, but true! There wasn't a single story in this collection that I didn't enjoy! Hope you're tempted by Julie's excerpt below, as I loved the surprise twist!

Julie Kenner – The Honeymoon excerpt

“There,” Elizabeth said. “That’s the cutoff to Balmorhea, and - oh, shit. Now you’ve passed it. Turn around, Tom. We need to go back.”

Tom kept his hands at the ten and two o’clock positions. “Balmorhea’s off the highway. We’d have to go out of our way. The interstate goes right through Van Horn.”

“Yes, but I’m exhausted. I need sleep.” She rubbed her hand along his thigh. “And sex. New brides need lots of sex.”


Julie Kenner Q&A:

1. What is your guilty pleasure?

I must be of the criminal element, because I have so many! Probably the biggest is watching schmaltzy movies or high action movies. Favs are Dirty Dancing, The Cutting Edge, Bring It On, and Independence Day. Also curling up by a pool with a pile of books. Last trip to the beach, I glommed the A-List series. And if you're talking about food, my absolute favorite is a huge bowl of frozen blueberries, thawed for twenty minutes and then drenched in heavy whipping cream. It. Is. Heaven.

2. Describe your favorite meal.

Hmm. Do the blueberries mentioned above qualify as a meal? Assuming not, I'm going to have to go with sushi. Love sushi. And it's better if someone else is paying!

3. If you were not a writer, what would be your career?

I was a lawyer before I quit to write full time, so presumably I'd still be a lawyer. If we're talking fantasy career, I'd be in musical theater on Broadway. But I can neither sing nor dance, so that option isn't exactly grounded in reality.

4. If you could time travel, which year would be your destination?

Ooooh! Too many choices. Either the twenties in Hollywood, because I think that would have been a fascinating time to see the film industry evolving. Or the Renaissance in Italy (reasons should be obvious!). Or possibly the future. Would be kind of cool to see what my kids are doing twenty years from now!

5. What inspired your contribution to LOVE IS MURDER?

I love noirish stories, and I wanted to combine something with a very noir feeling and a romance. I also love twists and reversals. So I was inspired by the possibilities, and I let the type of story I want to tell gel until the characters and situation presented themselves. It was a fun way to work, and I hope readers enjoy The Honeymoon!



Julie Kenner Bio:

Praised by Publishers Weekly as an author with a “flair for dialogue and eccentric characterizations,” bestselling author Julie Kenner’s books have hit lists as varied as USA TODAY, Waldenbooks, Barnes & Noble, and Locus Magazine. Julie is also a two-time RITA finalist, the winner of Romantic Times’ Reviewer’s Choice Award for Best Contemporary Paranormal of 2001, the winner of the National Readers’ Choice Award for best mainstream book of 2005. She writes a range of stories including urban fantasy, paranormal romance and paranormal mommy lit, including the popular Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom series, currently in for development as a feature film with 1492 Pictures. Julie also writes the Shadow Keepers series of dark, edgy paranormal romantic suspense as J.K. Beck. Julie lives in central Texas with her husband, two daughters and several cats.

6 comments:

  1. Not my first choice of reading I'm afraid. Far too greedy, anthologies always leave me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get greedy too, but it's fun! Kills me when I find out that an author I really liked doesn't have anything else for me to read! :(

      Delete
  2. *Awkward author interview post comment* ;) Don't ask. I was feeling weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, you had me ROFL with your comment! I totally get it! Hey, at least your comment wasn't lame. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ha, I'm there with you on the weakness Alexia. :D

    Great interview with a new author. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u