BEA12 in Pictures | Alexia's Books and Such: BEA12 in Pictures

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, June 10, 2012

BEA12 in Pictures

I remembered to take my camera with me every day to the book expo, just kept forgetting to take pictures. Then wasn't sure how to transfer them to my laptop since my PC died. Figured it out eventually (um, plug it in? duh!), but not in time to include pictures with my daily updates. C'est la vie. Better late than never, right?

The main stairs to the exhibit hall.
This year they featured Cassandra Clare.

 The famous Harlequin booth, where I seemed to spend most of my time! These pictures are from two different signings (the Teen signing and the Paranormal signing).

Rachel Vincent at the Harlequin Teen and Maggie Shayne at the Harlequin Paranormal signings.


 Heather Graham and Rachel Vincent at the Harlequin Paranormal signing. Rachel said she remembered me from the earlier signing! (I fan-girled a little...)

Lauren Oliver signing The Spindlers.

 The infamous Shirtless Wonders, working the Becca Fitzpatrick line!
They both totally sucked in their stomachs before I took this picture!


Becca Fitzpatrick. So distracted by the shirtless wonders that I never even noticed she was signing Hush, Hush instead of Finale!

 Crazy crowds at the autographing chutes!


At the Dark Days signing. Longest line EVER! 

 Ellen Kushner and Holly Black at the Welcome to the Borderlands signing. Pretty sure I saw Laura Anne Gilman hovering, taking pictures! :o

 Kate Locke, author of God Save the Queen. She rocks the pink hair!


 Jackson Pearce. Isn't she adorable?


 No one ever believes me about the suitcase corral, so here's photographic evidence! This is only a small section of my corral, and there were three of them this year. Three!

Last day of the expo and I had forgotten my drinks, so was very happy to see publishers giving away water! Thought this was too cute! Was going to save it as a souvenir but, well, I was thirsty...


Looking forward to seeing everybody's BEA recaps! And hope I was the only one who kept forgetting to take pictures, as there were several authors I missed. Anyone get a picture of a blond Jeri Smith-Ready?

19 comments:

  1. looks lke it was a great time! the watter bottle is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought it was such a cute, clever idea!

      Delete
  2. Fun pictures! I love the winged guys! Well, not the one on the right, he's too hairy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great time! It was amazing and I cannot wait to go back next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still recovering from this year, so not thinking about next year yet! Although it would be awesome...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! I'm surprised I have so many, as I kept forgetting I had my camera with me. *oops*

      Delete
  5. Love your photos! I did not see those shirtless guys, but I did spend quite a while in the Harlequin line, in front of an adorable blogger from Toronto!

    The book that eluded me was Venom by Fiona Paul. I had to get home before the ARC drop for that one. But like you said, that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Venom seemed to have eluded quite a few people, as it disappeared fast! Sorry you missed the shirtless wonders, as they seemed to be a big hit!

      Delete
  6. And where is your pict of Jeri? You know, I was standing right there when you were getting her book signed. I could have taken her picture for you. Then maybe you would have recognized her when I was standing next to her in the David Levithan line.\:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're never going to let that go, are you? :p

      Delete
  7. You know Jenny's right. The angel dude on the right is a little hairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are crazy! Everyone knows that angels don't have chest hair!

      Delete
  8. My goodness, such a lot going on. So much to see, so much to do, its hardly any wonder comfortable shoes are a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm able to go to BEA again next year, I really need to find better shoes!

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a FABULOUS time...so happy for you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! Hope you're able to get there one of these days, as it's an amazing experience!

      Delete
  10. Oh wow! Great pictures. I know the feeling about forgetting to take pictures though. I do the same thing. I get caught up with the happenings, and forget to capture it. lol

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u